New user new 2a owner

2a-Egg

This evening got back from work and got the exhaust back box and rear pipe off as I could hear a blow.. Found a small hole in the rear pipe, but looking at it im just going to replace it. Wouldn't be surprised if its original pipe. 

IMG-20190408-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20190408-WA0004.jpg

30 minutes ago, jordan_meakin said:

Is the bottom picture after removal or before?  I've just bought a stainless system for £160

Bottom image is the box off but rear pipe still on. The removal of that was a bit of a pig, pipe join sits right next to chasis, and the bolts are older than I am. Rusted solid was an understatement, no thread left when off, as the spun it just smoothed off..  Not got to the front pipe yet thats in engine bay. Should be interesting to do when its sat on the driveway... 

Well tonight I took the front exhaust pipe out from under the truck, that was like some kind of crystal maze game. Then decided to take the manifold off as im sure I've seen fumes escaping, well there was no gasket so definitely been escaping, will get one ordered before it all goes back together. 

IMG-20190411-WA0005.jpg

Got some mr muscle oven cleaner out and soaked the engine then pressure washed the block off. It is duck egg blue then, far from spotless but its better that half an inch of crud and oil on it.  Bunged the in and outlets before doing so. 

DSC-2253.jpg

17 minutes ago, steve b said:

Nice , is it complete ?

great seeing a telex no. on the tag :)

cheers

Steve b

Just need rope. And a new spring on the drive shaft. Its all working though, and I have the holes on my truck as its had one at some stage in its life. 

One thing I wonder though is if it's engaged will. It juat go, or is it geared so the throttle has to be at a certain point? Im not really familiar with it if im honest. 

Cheers

Adam

1 hour ago, lo-fi said:

Beautiful. Yep, engage it and let it run. In the videos I've watched, they're usually happy chugging away at idle, but you'll find manuals online which will tell you dos and don'ts. 

Sounds good, I have the hand throttle installed on my petrol with 'winch throttle' tippex penned onto it 😂 

Perfect. That's probably the setting that gave good winch speed and power without racing things too much :)

I saw my hydraulic capstan turn for the first time today, was a good moment. 

Are you planning on coming to the Leafers at T'pit event, by the way? 

21 minutes ago, lo-fi said:

Are you planning on coming to the Leafers at T'pit event, by the way? 

Where is this? Currently my trucks not on the road haha, carb, manifold, exhaust off, sump pan off 😂 

Whats the best way to empty and clean the pan sensibly?

Edited by 2a-Egg

7 hours ago, lo-fi said:

You've got time yet ;)

Bunch of white spirit or similar to break up the sludge. Keep it moving around, drain and repeat. 

Yeah time I have, getting the truck there, unsure ot will like it ha 

27 minutes ago, lo-fi said:

Hehe. It's miles from me too, but worth the trek. Hoping we get a few members from here meeting up this year. Where you based? 

Down south. About 2hours drive in a newer car that can do 70 😂 

Today was able to fot the new sump seal, rocker cover gasket, new oil filter, new fuel sender and new spark plugs. 

The old fuel sender had rusted solid.. Guess the tank got left open or empty and water got in.. 

IMG-20190419-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20190419-WA0020.jpg
DSC-2260.jpg