Disco 3 electric seats

reb78

I have some D3 electric seats that I want to fit in place of my manual ones. Apparently the passenger side is plug and play, but the driver side is not due to the memory module.

Initially I looked at the wiring diagram and thought i could just remove the memory module and use some relays activated by the seat switches, but I am not so sure having studied the diagrams a little more. The switches look different for the driver seat compared to the passenger. It almost appears that the earth passes through the switch for the passenger seat, but not for the driver side where i presume the earth passes within the memory module.

Wiring diagram here. https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/17007/501-10.pdf 

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know the year Ed. Its a known issue with retrofitting D3 electric seats into one that didnt previously have them fitted - i think the memory module needs a feed from the mirrors etc to work and because they arent memory it throws a wobbly. The passenger seat is plug and play though - I dont think that is connected to the memory module.

I am trying to remove the memory module from the system completely, so those buttons will be defunct, but the movement buttons will all work properly.

As far as i can see, the passenger seat switches earth the motor through the side of the switch that is not activated - so if you select to move the seat forwards, live comes from the forward switch connection and earths through the backward seat switch connection. Vice versa to move the seat back. The drivers side seems to make a live connection to the memory module and is earthed differently - presumably through the memory module. I think i can replicate what is gong on on the passenger side by using a pair of change over relays for each set of switches. 

Anyone any ideas if this will work?