wiring in a 12s socket to a 1990 defender 110

Hi, Just joined this site cos it looked very professional and there seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people here (creeping). I have just bought a 1990 110 defender and I need to fit a 12s socket for my caravan towing. My question is, is the wiring required already at the back or do I need to bring the power cable from the front.

Thanks in advance

Hi, you can pick up all the wiring by removing the screwed in cover tucked into the corner on the rhs of the back door - there are (should be) spare connectors for all rear lights there. What you'll actually find depends on who's been in there before...

12S is the power feed for the fridge, fog and reversing light.

I suspect the question is mainly about whether there is a suitable 12V at the back of the vehicle or if you have to run a switched fused one from the battery....?

I don't know that answer though, not on a defender.

Hey guys.

Really appreciate the replies. I think it might be easier as Western says and to start from new and run my own wires in from the battery and putting the relays in the battery compartment. As for Miketomcat's suggestion re rear wiper/heated window, they are both in use, another reason to start afresh.

Thanks again