300 TDi oil jet tubes

Sabre

When I assembled my 300 TDi today, I noticed in the Rave manual that they indicate 2 sealing washers on every oil jet tube. My engine did not have those when I stripped it. It makes sense to fit these washers to prevent pressurised oil escaping. But my engine did 392k km without these rings

Did my engine slipped through the assembly process, or are these sealing washers optional ?

Can’t help with this topic but on the block above the camshaft on each of the bearings there’s a hole which should have a rubber bung in it and I think there siliconed in but not sure on that one , make sure they’re there and not full of muck as mine were when I stripped my project , potentially water could get down there .

• Thanks 1

None on my 200tdi when I stripped it, I asked Turners Engineering & was advised they were only fitted to early engines. 300tdi page for the oil jets doesn't show any seals on the bolts, also the 4 bolts have little relief valves in them, its worth fitting new ones,  [got mine from Turners Engineering]

the cam shaft bearing oil drillings on outside of block should have 3 rubber bungs ERR5034 in, I used 3 new bungs & some sealant to secure them in place. 

• Thanks 1