Heater........V irritating

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, western said:

Thought I had replied to this on page 3 of this thread you asked about which wire does what  a few weeks ago.

I thought you referred to wires in the switch component, I couldn’t find a black one on the blower unit itself when it was off the vehicle. I thought I’d best check before giving myself a little shock. 

1 hour ago, 14Platoon said:

I thought you referred to wires in the switch component, I couldn’t find a black one on the blower unit itself when it was off the vehicle. I thought I’d best check before giving myself a little shock. 

same color wires from switch to motor, but plain black is earth at switch only, Red90's info should get the motor powered & running.

• Like 1

I put wire direct from the battery, positive to the purple wire on the blower unit, simultaneously I put a wire direct from the battery earth to the green and slate wire on the blower unit........nothing happened! 

Do I take it that the motor is Fubar? 

Thanks 

Thanks for your help guys. The blower motor was knackered, new one works straight away on the Hotwire test. Thanks for the advice, saved a lot of messing around and the purchase of a resistor. 

Just got to fit all the cables back in now, oh and those 2 nightmare 13mm bolts🙄

48 minutes ago, 14Platoon said:

Just a quick one.....

The switch on the dash (lever and cable) to turn the fan on, where does this cable go, on the side or the top of the blower box?

have a read of my post called feeling cold in your truck, 

it gives you info on how to set up the cables.

• Like 1