Syncro Slick shift

Dan D90

The gear selection on my 90 is not the best so I decided to install a syncro slick shift after reading so many positive reviews.

The install of the shifter is real simple, however, on mine the grub screw which holds the nylon cup holder in place seem to have been gluded in! The condition of the screw was not good before I started but I have made it worse, I don't believe it is going to budge via the normal method.

My question is should I bother trying to drill it out and replace it or just leave it and the original nylon cup in place? The cup is a bit pitted which I guess will leave the lever a little floppy ?

Also, the turret housing seems to be a bit worn, is it worth replacing given they are only £35 _vat from syncro?

A few pics to illustrate, I appreciate any advise:

IMG_0784.thumb.JPG.2c545c4f7e37dd254948661fcb952cf1.JPGIMG_0783.thumb.JPG.d4c6d05733cfc047659bcd0ece5d5c61.JPGIMG_0782.thumb.JPG.8331bd17a675525c1a262dfd7df51c2e.JPGIMG_0781.thumb.JPG.f6db5fab504c8a98243297f9c35d7a78.JPGIMG_0780.thumb.JPG.dcd39a04d1e6a94c580ea34cbf0df44d.JPG

This thread is good timing as I was just looking into one of these the other day. The video certainly does suggest that the nylon cup requires the removal of the grub screw. Interesting that it just lifts out.

I noticed that the 2 spacers that are supplied to raise the turret up don't come with any gaskets. Do you think this will be an issue?

And has anyone with an X-Eng lock fitted one of these? Not sure how compatible they are.

47 minutes ago, western said:

the nylon cup just lifts out of that housing, I fitted a slick shift a few months ago, 

There should be a clip on the bottom:

image.png.e279b6a38fdb9fcacd7de0af6f57fb39.png

I guess yours is missing if you can just pull it out?

What do you think about the upgrade so far?

thanks, Dan

2 minutes ago, Madcowz said:

I noticed that the 2 spacers that are supplied to raise the turret up don't come with any gaskets. Do you think this will be an issue?

Just use some marine grade sealer, that's what I plan to do anyway, if/when I can progress the install.

On my first pass I used the old turret but wasn’t happy with the gear change. I then replaced the turret and spent a bit more time setting the springs. Subsequent gear shift was superb. 

Move recently ordered another Slick Shift for my TD5 and ordered a turret regardless. For the price, considering the objective of gaining a shorter, more defined shift, it’s a good investment.

i found the x-Lock still works but is chewing the gaiter on the gearstick because it is a bit higher up.