Quick question. CSW B-pillar wire routing.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t have central locking but I do have door switches and the harness is plugged into the front where it leaves the top of the A pillar at the rh side and is simply taped to the roof and the single core drops down the respective B pillar to the switches. The headlining hides the lack of finesse. 

Edited by Peaklander
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Guys.

I have been looking at the electrical libraries for a 97 300tdi, and a td5 trying to figure this out.

The 300tdi loom  runs along the roof as described above, and the TD5 central locking harness comes up out of a grommet in the top edge of the kick panel. 

I have been unable to figure out the route that the 300tdi door pillar switch wire takes from the roof loom to the switch in the pillar. Does it run underneath the pillar trim, or does it drop through a hole in the roof (that I do not have) into the top of the pillar?

The wire goes in at the top, between pillar top and roof where there is a foam seal. It then drops down within the pillar itself and the door switch pokes into that space lower down. So to make the connection you have to hook the spade at the end of the wire and pull it out to be able to push it onto the switch contact which is then pushed back into the pillar and the switch is fixed with a self tapper which is the connection to ground (0 volts).

• Thanks 1