mystery button

Dan D90

I know this is probably a long shot, however from the pics below does anyone have an idea what the mystery button might do/have done:

image.thumb.jpeg.539b8c90b0270e738456fa5edd74904f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a94338b1c1b5b5799dd4a361deb7a13d.jpeg

Its located on the steering column surround, the green and red wire runs to a relay in the engine bay:

image.thumb.jpeg.520d74a56d079d617c01e87e2362cd0a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.917fc6e9eeb81bc9de76bda1df1589f2.jpeg

connected to that is a yellow cable that runs to the battery, a purple one that runs nowhere and a smaller purple and blue cable which runs into the passenger side wing, unfortunately, this one is tight and I can not see what it connects too.

image.thumb.jpeg.d8dbb816b0defa500e8000be84376452.jpeg

Thanks Dan

image.jpeg

Should we assume that it does nothing now when pressed? Given the mismatch of wire colours I don't think we can realistically use them to trace. 

Wh/Gr is a switched live, so it will activate the relay when the ign is on. Purple/blue is usually a door pin switch colour. Either way it's not the nicest of installs so I'd be getting that stripped out.