Limited slip diffs

Snowbird

Rover did some LSDs at one point, but they were very uncommon.  You's are most likely to have been added, and being in Canada, they are probably US or Canadian made, so Detroit or Yukon would be a reasonable guess.  I'm sure Hybridfromhell will be able to tell you if you withdraw them - he's the forum diff expert and has a business building and modifying them.

According to James Taylor's wonderful book Land Rover Series II/IIA Specification Guide, Land Rover offered a Powr-Lok limited slip differential for the rear axle between June 1965 and August 1969 with the 242 and 252-prefix axles. This was apparently withdrawn from the options list due to being troublesome in service.

I'm also aware that this axle was standard fitment on the NADA 2.6 109 IIAs due to concerns about the strength of the, then Rover, rear diffs when coupled with the heavy SW body and the more-powerful Weslake variant of the engine.

Again, I've read somewhere that the 4x2 SIIAs supplied to the (Dutch?/Belgian?) armies also used the Powr-Lok diff

There was something in one the mags recently about the factory testing LSD's I think (one of those history articles by someone who was involved at the time), can't remember which one as I have to be really bored at an airport to even look at them these days.

On 9/29/2018 at 11:51 PM, twodoorgaz said:

Again, I've read somewhere that the 4x2 SIIAs supplied to the (Dutch?/Belgian?) armies also used the Powr-Lok diff

It was the Belgian Army that bought 2x4 S3's in 1974/1975. Years later these were retrofitted with LSD's as our troops got stuck in their two-wheel-drive Land Rovers. Some 15 years ago, when I was new into Land Rovers, you could still find some new old stock with parts for these diffs, maar that has dried up now.