Hex holes rear C/Member

Mutley

Right have took off the old rear mud flaps and brackets..... 3yrs. Ago had a new rear cross member fitted and the guy put the mud flap brackets on with self tapping studs!?!...... Any how after grinding them off and cleaning up the underside of the cross member, i noticed x3 hexagonal holes?.... are these for some type of Rivnut or something as they fit the holes for location on the mud flap bracket? Or can some one tell me what it is that fits into these Hex holes to hold the bracket in place please?

Cheers Andy 

Seems strange that the holes are HEX shaped and yet the part to fit suggest a ROUND rivnut!?!

You can get hex shaped body rivnuts Western, just the round ones are more readily available i think?

Daveturnbull sounds like you might have seen the type of fixing that would do the job, any idea of the fixings name or photo of one?

Was thinking of using a flanged nut turned upside down?

Thanks guys, just ordered x10 similar to those @ daveturnbull so hopefully they will do the job?

@ landroversforever that would work as the round rivnuts are easier to get hold of.

Just want my shiny new mud flap backets and new mud flaps on now, not tomorrow, NOW!!!! But working :(

@landroversforever  yep they is snug!

@muddy yep did that ;)

Thanks guys, years ago when i worked on quarries, they used to cut up old conveyor belts for the mud flaps, would last forever, must get some :) pluplus being smooth a lot easier to clean!