Box section sills

Gav_b89

Hi I'm Gav, new to the forum and new to 4x4 in general, I have picked up my 1st discovery (300tdi) I have read a few threads on here about box section sills. 

If any of you can help I'm after a bit of advice, I've bought some 100x60 box section and am going to fit them over the next couple of weeks, my sills am pretty much non existent. I am going to remove doors and brace the a,b and c pillars to stop any movement. My inner sills are half rotten. Do I need to keep/replace these when i box section for mot purposes or can I do away with them? My front and rear mounts am rotten too so I will be buying new ones.

Pics as follows 

Thanks in advance 

Screenshot_20180923-225835_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20180923-225820_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20180923-225829_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20180923-225806_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20180923-225814_WhatsApp.jpg

Just for your information, I did mine a couple of years back.  The inner sills on both sides were OK, so I sort of welded the box section 'inside'.  What I mean is, I cut the outer sill away bar the top centimetre or so, and reduced the height of the inner sill to about 5cm, then used those surfaces to weld to.

At the rear wheel arches I didn't close off the box section, instead I inserted plastic caps.  This way I can (and did) spray the inside with rust preventing stuff.