Fuel line size (2.5 P38)?

gkd000

Actually using the truck now and it drives OK, with some small(ish) issues, which I will continue to work on as I go.  I have replaced all the drip pipes between the injectors on my 2.5 P38 due to a smell of diesel and what I thought was drips of oil which I later diagnosed as diesel.  It appears to have cured both these issues.  However, I want to change the main pipe between the filter and pump (engine side). Does anyone know the internal diameter of this pipe before I go pulling it off potentially damaging it (it is old and brittle)?  I  may also install a no return valve in this line unless advised it is not worth it?

I had a look at mine, just to see what you were worried about..... In terms of being old and brittle its as much the plastic end fitting that could cause trouble, unless you have a definite problem I would leave well alone. A genuine replacement is about £35 quid if you do have an issue.

• 1 year later...