WesBrooks

Difference between RRC and P38 Air Springs?

What are the main differences? Are they interchangable? Presuming the P38 is a heavier vehicle, are the P38 springs likely to result in a harsh ride on a lighter vehicle? ...or will lower air pressure in the bag result in a higher height with a lower spring rate?

I would be interested in this as well As I have a set of air springs off a classic and my son has a p38 that need some!

I'm in need of units for the Classic. Arnott have stopped making them for the Classic, but OEM still appear to be available.

I think from searches the mounting at the axle end of the air spring differs, but not sure how significantly.

The bottom looks different - the top is certainly very different. I've be very surprised if P38 air springs can be used on a classic. You might be able to fit bladders for a P38 onto the original pistons from a classic, but you can get replacement bladders for the classic anyway.

I used AirBagMan ones on mine (quite a few years ago), but these days the bladders can be bought from UK suppliers too (I don't know whose they supply). Not a particularly hard job to replace them (I wrote it up on here).