Does it fit

Guest WALFY

Does anyone know if a PAS pump from a TD will fit a Def 200TDI. Not to keen on paying out for a new pump. Been offered a good TD pump and need to know before I shell out with the folding stuff.

Or of a cheap place to buy a pump. Or exchange for the Disco pump that I have.

Does anyone know if a PAS pump from a TD will fit a Def 200TDI. Not to keen on paying out for a new pump. Been offered a good TD pump and need to know before I shell out with the folding stuff.

Or of a cheap place to buy a pump. Or exchange for the Disco pump that I have.

Short answer - Yes.

Same pump, same bracket, same belt etc.

Matt

The pressure pipe on the TD has a Banjo type fitting , the 200 tdi has a flared nut fitting ,

Apart from that they are interchangeable.

Im not sure but the union on the 200 pump may unscrew and fit into the hole on the TD pump where the Banjo bolt screws in.

Certainly worth a try first.

NTC9070 is common to 2.5TD & 200Tdi

NTC8287 is also common to both engines [200Tdi upto engine number 11L 22454A

both pumps fit the same mounting ETC8854 --but the mounting plate is different

upto 200Tdi engine number 11L 22454A & 2.5TD upto July 1992 has plate ERR1976

from 200Tdi engine number 11L 22455A & 2.5TD from July 1992 use plate ERR2605

hope that helps

:i-m_so_happy:

When I fitted a 200TDi engine in a 90 I had to modify the pressure side pipe and fitting - The fitting on the back wasn't interchangeable, and it fouled the engine mounting. I would say still using the Disco PAS pump and connecting it to the rest of the 90 system, was one of the more awkward parts of the conversion. We had to have a pipe made to do the job.

Les. :)

The PAS pump on mine expired yesterday afternoon and delivered a large amount of PAS fluid all over the chassis, exhaust and road. It was seized (front bearing gone, suspect the pumping parts were gnarled inside) so I cut the belt off - it had been smoking so I guessed it was past it's best. Stopped at the independent up the road who offered to sell me "genuine" one wrapped in grease-paper for £180+VAT. LR main stealer wanted £220+VAT - I was surprised when he offered me an "alternative" for less money, are main stealers allowed to do that - by LR I mean? I ordered an OEM one from Autopost for £119+VAT - the total being, IIRC, £154 including VAT, postage and a new PAS belt. It should be here this week too. :)

Stand by for a PAS pump replacement tech thread... shortly followed by a PAS box replacement thread as the increased pressure from a new pump sees the seals go from weep to gush...

200Tdi Defender pumps changed in 1993, no idea what the difference is though.

Chris

Many thanks for all the replys. Not sure what bracket I have. Will get the pump I've been offered and then make a pipe to suit.

200Tdi Defender pumps changed in 1993, no idea what the difference is though

Chris

I spoke to Bearmach a couple of days ago. The difference between an early and late pump is the low pressure side came out straight on the early and on the later it came out and turned through 90 deg. I think it's that way round. Oh and about £40 in price. Early being the cheaper option.

Once again a host of reply with all the info that I needed.

Just wish Rockstomper were so helpful. Had my money for a couple of ropes nearly 2 months and still no ropes :( . Any of you out there fancy atrip to the States to be my enforcer. I'll give you a £5 towards your ticket and accom :)

My '89 110 was originally fitted with a TD engine. When I fitted the (Defender spec) 200Tdi I used the fitting instructions from Land Rover - the engine was offered by the factory as a power upgrade back in the early 90's.

The original TD pump was left in situ in the engine bay when the TD came out and bolted straight into the same position on the block of the Tdi - the manual actually stated that it was the same part - hence my answer above...

Matt

Matt

Thanks for the reply. Being the tightwad that I am I'm trying to fit a TD pump into a TDI system. The only prob I have is the pipe connections. I may well have to bite the bullit and get either a TDI pump or a TD hose so that it'll all work.

I think the money they charge for the pump is pants. But there may be no other way around it.

My '89 110 was originally fitted with a TD engine. When I fitted the (Defender spec) 200Tdi I used the fitting instructions from Land Rover - the engine was offered by the factory as a power upgrade back in the early 90's.

The original TD pump was left in situ in the engine bay when the TD came out and bolted straight into the same position on the block of the Tdi - the manual actually stated that it was the same part - hence my answer above...

Matt

Thought I said that above :rolleyes::rtfm:

Walfy can take a pick of my 200Tdi's pump if you want to compare it before spending loads of dosh.

Walfy ------------ Ignore Henson :P

pictures of my PAS pump as promised, Note curved stub pipe [low pressure connection] on rear of body & large hex nut [high pressure connection] on top of body the hp hose end fitting screws into the centre of hex fitting.

hope these help :i-m_so_happy:

post-20-1166645320_thumb.jpg

post-20-1166645436_thumb.jpg

Edited by western