Thoughts and musings on the new defender

I think he does yes. Just returned from a trip to the arctic circle and back. The accent threw me the first time I watched it! :lol:

His sunroof just cracked, so he’ll be heading their way soon I’m sure. His first 110 had a gearbox looms fault and he had to swap it for the vehicle he has now.

110 miles/2 hours 30 mins to the dealer for me too, but it’s the same for any brand nowadays round here.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Retroanaconda said:

:lol:His sunroof just cracked, so he’ll be heading their way soon I’m sure. His first 110 had a gearbox looms fault and he had to swap it for the vehicle he has now.

It astounds me why people put themselves through the pain.  This is the sort of story I hear from every single new Land Rover owners I have talked to. It will be an interesting story in February to see how it fairs after a period of -40.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

WHY??????

Normal for the American market where there is an obsession with fitting the largest tyres possible. 

The 90 does look good, however they have managed to replicate the old model quite faithfully in that the practicality of the rear loadspace is severely compromised on models with seats. They take up almost the whole space and then don’t fold flat properly either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, elbekko said:

The 90 looks much better than the 110 IMO.

Of the two, I prefer the proportions of the 110, just without the silly coloured square on the side windows.  I still don’t like either.  But with the older vehicles, I also preferred the aesthetics of the LWB station wagons too, be it the 109s or 110s. I only preferred the SWB looks on the Series I.  Horses for courses. 🙂

5 hours ago, Retroanaconda said:

The 90 does look good, however they have managed to replicate the old model quite faithfully in that the practicality of the rear loadspace is severely compromised on models with seats. They take up almost the whole space and then don’t fold flat properly either.

It was so much better when the back seats were on the side.  I mean, you don't buy a short-wheel-base off road vehicle to use as a minibus so all those might get a booboo arguments are pretty irrelevant.  Three seats in the front and an empty back and you have a super-practical vehicle.  Kudos to Land Rover for at least making that a possibility, even though you wouldn't really call the new Defender practical otherwise.

Hmm what I expected of the reviews, 2 minor online motoring journalists preoccupied with water splashes and driving fast on and off road.

I'm no wiser after watching these two examples of Land Rover sponsored self-gratification and ejaculation.

Where's young drumstick when you need him?

Mo

Ps I did like the browny colour of the one in the second video but don't tell anyone I said that 😉

• Like 3

On 10/29/2020 at 6:46 AM, Red90 said:

Side facing seats are not legal in most parts of the world.

Most? That would surprise me.

It's nice to have lived in less up-tight times.  We must have been safe enough, because the world's human population has exploded in my lifetime.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Red90 said:

Yah.  I mean does it really matter if the kids die in a collision?  It is always fun to make more of them. We really should go back to the time before seat belt laws.

@Red90 Do you work for the FAA, perchance?

15 hours ago, deep said:

Most? That would surprise me.

It's nice to have lived in less up-tight times.  We must have been safe enough, because the world's human population has exploded in my lifetime.

There’s lots of money to be made from safety regulation.

• Sad 1