Thoughts and musings on the new defender

On 8/3/2021 at 9:30 AM, Ed Poore said:

Oh the drama of getting it back down! :hysterical:

I only just watched the first video and this one immediately after and came here to post exactly that.

I've always disliked the super-wholesome Son n' Pop style of delivery but adding in the youtube drama and they've become barely watchable. Utter drama queens, and they're doing the vehicle a disservice to generate that drama.

Amazing how much better it fared over an obstacle that damaged 2 or 3 vehicles while they were there.

And I thought Captain Wading Sensors was milking his Defender for views.

7 hours ago, ThreePointFive said:

I only just watched the first video and this one immediately after and came here to post exactly that.

I've always disliked the super-wholesome Son n' Pop style of delivery but adding in the youtube drama and they've become barely watchable. Utter drama queens, and they're doing the vehicle a disservice to generate that drama.

Amazing how much better it fared over an obstacle that damaged 2 or 3 vehicles while they were there.

And I thought Captain Wading Sensors was milking his Defender for views.

Unfortunately this is std TV treatment now for any slightly niche market to make it "exciting" for noninterested parties. Watch the UK oversize trucking show with all their major problems that are really just day to day issues that are easy to resolve but the producer makes in to a cliffhanger.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2021 at 11:34 AM, landroversforever said:

As in the same wheelbase as the 110!

110 is actually 119 inch wheelbase so it would of made more sense to call it a Defender 120 instead. Then the 130 monocoque could of been made 10 inches longer to be exactly 130 inch wheelbase. 

On 9/15/2021 at 8:03 PM, Happyoldgit said:

I see what you mean. Tall, thin, husky voice, lots of waving about of oversize hands. Like a big praying mantis.

His voice is fine, though the post-recorded bits are slightly muffled.  But it’s a positive change to hear somebody with decent elocution and not shouty, overly emotional or using poor grammar and vocabulary.  But his body language is quite exaggerated, which is a bit off putting, and his stoop, common in very tall people, makes him look a little peculiarly shaped.  I’d rather watch him than some of the new top gear presenters, though.

3 hours ago, Snagger said:

His voice is fine, though the post-recorded bits are slightly muffled.  But it’s a positive change to hear somebody with decent elocution and not shouty, overly emotional or using poor grammar and vocabulary.  But his body language is quite exaggerated, which is a bit off putting, and his stoop, common in very tall people, makes him look a little peculiarly shaped.  I’d rather watch him than some of the new top gear presenters, though.

He’s not shouty or anything, but it’s like he doesn’t know what he’s talking about and he’s talking whilst processing prompts being fed into an earpiece. 

9 hours ago, Snagger said:

I don't watch Top Gear, stopped it when the three clowns turned it into a comedy show.  Our views on the vocal attributes of the chap in the video obviously differ, you have your views, I have mine 🙂

8 hours ago, Happyoldgit said:

I don't watch Top Gear, stopped it when the three clowns turned it into a comedy show.  Our views on the vocal attributes of the chap in the video obviously differ, you have your views, I have mine 🙂

Which three, I stopped when they would cause mayhem on public roads and thought it funny. Argentina trip probably made them think about their actions for the first and only time.