trailer insurance

HPLP

Hi all

I've recently brought my 16ft bateson back to the uk and I quite like it as I'm sure other members of our society would too.

Has anyone any recommendations for trailer insurance in the event it does get nicked?

Worth about 2k.

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Have you managed to secure Trailer Insurance?

I have been trying, and it has proven to be very difficult indeed.

NFU will only insure as part of a vehicle & trailer combo. Trawling through Google hasn't proven to get any good results either.
I did have promise with Towergate Insurance and I think @HPLP may find that they are worth a call if you're still looking. They couldn't insure me however because the vehicle could be seen on the trailer (FYI - It's a car transport trailer!) but I thin it may be because it was for commercial use.

Do let me know if you manage.

When I looked into trailer insurance it wasn't worth it. They devalued the trailer by 10% a year, it was only insured for family to use not friends, and by the time you'd paid the excess and a few years premiums you weren't ahead in the instance of theft. 

If it is for commercial use can you not get it covered through your businesses insurance? 

48 minutes ago, Cynic-al said:

When I looked into trailer insurance it wasn't worth it. They devalued the trailer by 10% a year, it was only insured for family to use not friends, and by the time you'd paid the excess and a few years premiums you weren't ahead in the instance of theft. 

If it is for commercial use can you not get it covered through your businesses insurance? 

Yes I found exactly the same. Better off spending money on trying to stop it being nicked in the first place

Take the wheels off. And anything detachable. Makes it too much hassle for the HIAB equipped thieving community.

Spray on rust is also a good idea. If it looks like work, they won't be interested.

1 hour ago, Gazzar said:

Take the wheels off. And anything detachable. Makes it too much hassle for the HIAB equipped thieving community.

Spray on rust is also a good idea. If it looks like work, they won't be interested.

This. Make it different to all the others. Mark with white or signal paint on all the panels, wheels, everywhere. The more it looks different and unique the better.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

In the end I insured it through Adrian Flux(yes I know) for £90 I think. I concluded it was a price I was prepared to pay as when I started looking for how much id need to spend to get one in similar condition (more than the 2k I said above), i wanted something at least. I have done as the rest of you suggested and made it stand out and made a mother and father of a hitch lock too.

Thanks all