Fuel burning heater

John5455

Hi  is there any one that can help, I recently bought a 2006 range rover sport and would like to fit a fly remote but can't afford the £300 for a genuine one I have seen a gsm miffed to the full sized version but mine does not have the same wiring and as i am disabled don't want to sit in it while it warms up any help would be very much appreciated. John

so whats the heater that's fitted?  it'll be either Ebers or Web ,  one option is to add a timer to the heater , pre programme  , great if you travel same time each day , or buy a cheap garage door type remote and use that to turn on the heater  

The D3/D4/FFRR/RRS forum crowd have done this several ways in several different incarnations, as supaimpy says you can (depending on the heater) trigger it with a single wire, which opens almost anything that can control a single wire - cheap remote controls, timers, GSM remotes, you name it.

If it's the sort that needs actual commands over the W-bus to start then it gets a little more complex, I think TSD has posted some stuff here about it, certainly I know he made some sort  of W-bus interface board.