Ignition problem

Aaronhawkeye

I have td5 discovery 2 04 es premium, keep getting the dash lights coming on and everything fires up like iv turned the ignition on but key is not in it. I slam the doors and boot and that sets it off and fires it up, also when i lock with the key it triggers it after time and sets alarm off. Lights always clear but always leave the oil and battery light on, dont always notice as does it whenever it feels like it so sometimes wake up with a drained battery. Its got me baffled and is so annoying as cant seem to find the fault 

IMO it can be something on the ignition switch's harness( what's in the pic)... to rule it out unplug that brown connector which is plugged into the front of the under dash fusebox and if the symptom goes away then that's it... can be sticking switch contact or short in the harness

a9528f9c-c786-48c3-b554-957d14b51a67.JPG

Edited by sierrafery