P38 Lockout

Blanco

Feeling a bit stoopid......    having been working out of the back of the RR this morning, I decided after lunch to go off and do a couple of errands. It was warm so I took my fleece off chucked it on the parcel shelf and slammed the upper tailgate...... went round to the drivers door and its locked!!!!. At some point during the morning I remember hearing it 'cheep' at me but now I realise it was telling me that a door was open (ie the tailgate) when I must have leant on the key accidently.

The key needless to say is in the fleece. The spare, (following a cock up a couple of weeks back when I left the lights on, and tried both keys) is also inside the car. Rang the wife who came to get me  and have spent much of the afternoon scratching my head over a solution. I have managed with a wire to pull up the driver's lock button but that hasn't achieved anything.

Ideas on a postcard please! (or PM perhaps quicker). (If there is a solution I'll just point out that it's probably best not to publish it on the open forum)

No membership for anything like that these days, but you prompted me to check the insurance and I have just phoned them, apparently it counts as 'breakdown' even on my TPFT policy so I can call out a lock doctor tomorrow, I hate relying on others and using insurance as (in my experience) it justs puts the cost up but under the circs I think this time I will ring them back in the  morning. Thanks Qwackers.

The final solution was quite 'Old school', the lad who came out this morning had a cute little airbag for forcing the door top and he tried and failed to pull the inside door handle with a long thick wire. He then opened a brief case full of a range of picks, chose one for BMW, and it took about 15mins with quite a sophisticated pick. I was pleased to be sorted but I was quite surprised that the solution was mechanical.