Just a quick chassis repair 90 defender

So had my defender for about 2 years now bought it used it off roading done some damage so I decided I wanted to fix it up and change it to a open back (can’t rennet the correct term ) so here are some pictures of before and after just to help some people out if they want to do the same still work in progress I’ll update soon 

19C21C42-786B-4050-93D5-53DE5DA3DBD8.jpeg

5A2EF00E-6B92-460A-9B7D-915117397AE4.jpeg

FE13BF2C-C78D-4FB5-B375-810E2F235FF7.jpeg

Looking at the amount of rot before you 'repaired' it you would be wasting your time in 'treating' the inside of the chassis as the rot is already there, put an endoscope camera in the rails and you'll probably see something that resembles a ploughed field.

Good point in not filling it up with old waste oil, it will fail the MOT if it's dripping oil, dripping oil is a failure now under the new introduction to the MOT, there are three levels, minor leak, that is a slight dampness, which will pass, moderate, hanging drip, which is advisory and major, leaves a drip or two whilst at the test centre which is a fail.