castor alloy wheels

I don't think so they were fitted to discovery 1's. As far as I'm aware boost, saw tooth, blindo, a compromotive version of the freestyle, all steel and one other I can't remember the name of are the only ones that are rated for the 110. Que the list of ones I've missed :blink: and that some people think you can run any wheel you just can't carry as much (I'll let them argue that with vosa).:banned:

Mike

Pretty sure the answer is no, and the only weight rated wheels are Boosts and the Deep Dish alloys which were fitted to 110s in about 97/98 sort of time as part of the Freestyle Choice pack for the 110. I have personally imported vehicles with this option so the Deep Dish are/were definitely factory approved.

None of the alloys are approved for a 130 rear axle though, or the HD 110 which has a GVW of 3500kg.

On the flip side (and accepting the questionable legalities in the UK) I know somebody here who ran them for a while on a 110 with no problems, and I run the Tornado alloys on mine sometimes (tips the scales at 2400kg unladen) and have had no problems either. I'm not sure that the exact weight rating is actually known to anybody, they just aren't recommended for a 110 because they have never been sold on a 110 from the factory. Some of the aftermarket copies of the Tornado alloy are certainly sold as being suitable for a 110. What you can say is that they are suitable for a Discovery Tdi which has a GVW of something like 2720kg i.e. only 300kg short of a standard 110SW, and if one is worried that a wheel is going to break for the sake of another 150kg on it, then it probably shouldn't be fitted to either, so I have never bothered too much about it.

On 11/5/2018 at 6:54 AM, Tim2809 said:

many thanks for reply. thought that might be the case. i have a set of these and was going to fit my 3/4 worn muds to them and put new onto my wolf rims. 

wont bother and will just ebay/weigh them in. 

Wouldn't bother taking them to a scrapyard. I took a set of wheels to a scrappy and got the princely sum of £8 for the 5 of them