300TDi Vacuum Pump

Anybody got any experience of 300TDi vacuum pumps? I fitted a new Wabco pump a while back that quickly started leaking. I removed the top cover and replaced the rivets with bolts but its still leaking. I notice most of the big suppliers don't seem to have any Wabcos in stock now so i'm wondering if they've had too many returns? I could do with replacing it but with what? Britpart, Bearmach? Any thoughts? Cheers

Noticed my 300tdi has has a britpart pump fitted by a previous owner and have owned the car for nearly 5 years. Works fine but maybe i am just lucky. Other than that try googling unipart 300tdi vac pumps have heard good things about them.

I've made a decision on this based on some info I found on a South African forum. Somebody on there claims to have stopped fitting Wabcos and is now fitting Unipump so as a short term solution i've ordered one of these to keep me going.

In the longer term though i've done a little research and discovered a few options.

1. Hella UP28 vacuum pump.

From what I can find out, these (or something equal to) are about £150 new and fitted to various relatively modern cars including various VAG products and even the recent Vauxhall 1.4T petrol engine.

2. Switching options:

Direct from brake pedal switch - I worry about delayed reaction times although i've read posts to say the pump is fast acting. On paper, I'm not keen on this option but it is super simple to set-up.

Constant feed - Sounds like pump will burn itself out at 100% duty cycle. Probably not a real option.

Regulated - You can buy an adjustable pressure switch (~£40) from EV builder shops that triggers a switching relay to activate the pump.

3. Pressure Reservoir:

Do you need one? Maybe, maybe not, would be interested to hear opinions on this. If one is needed, its a space consideration. I've seen both setups. 

4. Blanking plate for engine - straightforward enough. 

My Wabco one bit the dust,and I  read all sorts of horror stories of replacement Wabco ones being made in a cheese factory. So I did a stoopid thing, I bought a Bluebox one........guess what........................................no, your wrong, its fine, still going strong   after prob 6 years.  Chuffed as a chuffed thing, I is.