who has a 4x4 in bristol

pugwash

As tempting and as much fun as this sounds

Turbocharger is 100% correct.

how ever if somone throws a bucket of mud over my Disco they would find them selves licking it off as I find that a personall attack which would be met with reasonable and adequate force to ensure they have fully understood why you don't f*** with other peoples proterty.

And reminded them that the melting ice caps are releasing more CO2 than we hummanity is capable of and the cows aren't helping

yep, agree totally, the only way we stand any chance of winning this debate is to prove, through reasoned arguement that we are right, and the silly little anti 4x4 bandwagon is very wrong.

however, as Jules said, if i catch anyone vandalising my car, they will certainly feel the wrath of my anger, and possibly my size 10 under their jaw.

What a laugh this geezer is getting slaughtered .

Anyone know where in Bristol this protest will be carried out .

Perhaps we need a mole to befriend Mr Rose and find out more.

from his own reply in the link above -----------------

We are planning to launch the Bristol Group on the 14t/15th of January with a city wide -

two days of action against urban 4x4s.

I have been thinking about this. Read the guys website, read his comments and that of his brethren/like minded groups.

Sadly, a big old group of us going up there and being annoying is just going to make it worse (an I would have loved to do just that!)

We lost greenlanes because of our inability to unite under one banner and supply a powerful, accurate and articulate argument. Those of us who used to shoot lost out for the very same reason. Hunting was the same...

We are dealing with clever people who can easily control the inarticulate masses and the 'desperate for a green cause individuals. These people have no need for accurate facts and figures. They have no acceptance of the other side of the argument as they will not accept it (it's known as the Newbury Bypass Syndrome).

We don't exactly help ourselves either.

At the moment the guy is simply targeting (and causing criminal damage to) 4x4's in Bristol. He won't target vehicles like Matt's or Mine as they are obviously used for work and are 'Countryfied'. If he was to target my wifes motor (and I will be in Bristol over the Christmas period, driving the road biased RRC at some time) then I would make sure I reported him to the Police and start a civil action if the Police were unable to prosecute. Sending someone round to his house with a hammer would NOT be an option.

I shall go to his meeting (if AV's allow) but I will wash (Yes Wash!) the 100" first. I may distribute copies of the SLRC Carbon Neutral scheme, Wessex 4x4 Response's role in Emergencies, DORA's activities, Rhino Ark etc etc. I may make mention of the sheer size of the BMW Mini and it's fuel ineffiency. It won't do any good apart from making me feel better.

What we need is a concerted effort from US the 4x4 owners. Lets get being the organisiations attempting to defend our high ground, lets look at the bigger picture because we are becoming a target again.

Now you have read this, most of you will say "B*ll*cks, not my problem, blokes off amongst the cabbages again, what does he know anyway, bl**dy Care In the Community shouldn't let them go on line without supervision"

Fine. Your loss. But maybe you should look at the lessons that have been leanred in the last few years about 'Targeting for Political means'...

I agree with pretty much everything you said david, and the examples you gave are bang on, i personally don't agree with hunting, and think it should have been banned decades ago, but the way the pro-hunt people protested didn't realy do them any good....

I will say though, that a reasoned arguement carrys no weight with somebody as ignorant as our Mr Rose...

I think it would just fall on deaf ears.

having said that, i'd still batter him if i caught him vandalising my 4x4.

did anyone see 'at war with next door' last night on C5?

a farming family had bought a piece of land in devon, with a Tor on it, that a load of climbers and ramblers wanted to visit... so they just trespassed onto the land... the rambler guy just couldn't accept that he was in the wrong...

thats the kind of attitude we up up against with the greenies....

David

I read and agree with your post.

But

what really gets under my skin is how this sort of self righteous waster can propose to carry out what really amounts to vandalism.

if he were to throw mud at anything else he would be prosecuted.

this country is going down the drain we allow these idiots to do what they want

we bend and bow to any lunatic fringe.

we try to sue people if we have accidents rather than be responsible for our own actions or a bit of misfortune

This sort of pillock really fires me up.

With all the dreadfull problems in the world this muppet chucking mud at a 4x4 will right the wrongs of the world.

Yeah right

Unfortunately both HH and TC are correct,. yet I have found that reasoned arguements are twisted around, as they have their own agendas and beliefs. You can reason all you wnat, you won't get through.

However picking him up by his danglies and placing him against your now mud covered 4x4 and then introducing him to "Mr Unconcious" will get his attention, and this new "experience" will be circulated amongst his friends and related ammeba.

Done in the dark, with no witnesses helps, and take secinds to "educate" that this was in real terms "Not a very bright move" on his part, and as Tesco says "Every little helps"

I had a heckler wave a bollard at me years ago - grabbed by warmly by the throat with one hand and hit very hard with the stick he waved at me saw a mass exodus, the very nice policeman was "Busyu" elsewhere, never ever saw them return - I truly thought he was going to poke or whack me with it, so I got in first and hard.

Reasoned fact ridden well thought out and true arguments may be well and good, but a reaction balanced to the annoyance and intrusion often has a far quicker end to it.

Prob is in this PC world the doo gooding bunny hugging pond life have "Rights" - no responsiblities but lots and lots of "Rights"

I fear that if he does pursue this he will having a meeting with a Mr Fist at some time quickly, I truly hope that when that happens thats the end of it...

I am a great beliver in Voltares comments - which was along the lines of "I may not agreee with what you wish to do, but I defend your right to do it" where has tolerance gone with life and allowing others freedom to do what they belive in and wish to do ?

But seriously all, what do you expect from a "42 year old living with mummy unemployed bunny hugging moron" ?

Nige :angry:

Nige , Its good to see others on my wavelength, So are you coming to Bristol Next month to support our rights as legal law abiding citizens , Well thats until we could possibly get slightly provoked by this Hedge monkey and then kick the living carp out of him and I will let you have first shot. :D

Totally agree with honitonhobbit.

I was active in the hunting campaign and was forever banging my head against a wall because the biggest enemies of that pursuit were some of its own members. We must not become our own worst enemies, and if this means an effort towards political correctness, reasoned thought etc. we must bite the bullet.

This particular campaign (Bristol) is a Campaign Against Urban 4x4s. I think it is fair that those of us who do drive large 4x4s into big cities are able to explain why they do so, and I don't really like pointless use of 4x4s here in London, so have to accept we're going to be criticised a bit.

Your great strength is that you probably have an army of reasons why you drive what you drive, and you can express those reasons. One of the reasons is probably "I can drive what I like 'cos it's a free country (hah!)" but you're probably going to have to try harder than that to convince them.

Do you really all believe that it is a good thing for people to drive 4x4s in cities when they have absolutely NO reason to do so?

(excepting all those reasons eg 101 kids, bikes, dogs, horses, boat, caravan, trips up mountains, membership of SAS)

There must be be SOME people we can agree look daft in their Nissan Navara?

Round here (Camden/Hampstead) they're invariably the worst type of rich nob and are part of our "image problem". Same thing with foxhunting - I used to go out in combats and boots, but they always put the toffs in red coats in the press 'cos they are more photogenic. I park my kanckered '90 on our street but it's the rows of shiny Disco's/RRs/Nissan Navaras that make the press.

WE might not want to ban them from existing but we still laugh at them.

We don't ban them from doing so COS WE DON'T LIKE BANNING THINGS not cos we agree with them!

If we can reach some consensus with those we currently regard as a threat this is progress in the right direction.

For example:

Me, I want to run my 90 on biofuel, but at the moment it seems impractical.

Please can they make it easier for me to do so, eg. removing tax?

Yes, I'd love to throttle the little prat but it would only make ME feel better, not help the issue.

Knowing you're RIGHT doesn't mean you've won the argument.

If you are going down mob-handed, please don't make the mistake that many of the hunting lot made: that of getting a group mentality and looking for a fight.

Let him or his associates commit a crime - in front of witnesses, or gather evidence, then report him to the police. Do not confront him. Funnily enough this is what the anti-hunting lot are doing to the foxhunters...

Good luck to anyone in Bristol opposing this moron.

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Mark

PS

Disclaimers:

1. I know there may be many people on here who don't agree with hunting and I respect that. I'm just illustrating my point.

2. I'm not suggesting that any of you are a bunch of thugs (tho I am sure some of you are... ;) )

But

what really gets under my skin is how this sort of self righteous waster can propose to carry out what really amounts to vandalism.

if he were to throw mud at anything else he would be prosecuted.

this country is going down the drain we allow these idiots to do what they want

we bend and bow to any lunatic fringe.

we try to sue people if we have accidents rather than be responsible for our own actions or a bit of misfortune

I couldn't agree more and I find it so bl**dy frustrating. But what do we do?

We can't just blame the carp government, I think we have to blame ourselves but how do we make it right again?

I honestly wonder why I continue to live here in the UK. I have relatives and job offers in OZ and NZ. My daughter is not yet 8 and my wife is expecting another in late June. I don't want my children to grow up in this country as it is, but I love my country and want my kids to love it as I do.

B*gg*r to deep for Christmas

I hate people who decide to control what other people can or can't do, or decide what is "normal"!

But I have to admit that, although I love both of my modified Land Rovers I am only interested in usig them off road.

I have no understanding of people who whant the latest, newest most expensive off roader then have no intention of ever using it off road. If I want a road car there are much better road cars than a 4x4.

I can fully understand using a large 4x4 for towing, but what on earth is a Cayene all about :huh:

The main difference is that I have no intention of stopping anyone from driving whatever they want. :D

I do agree though that the antis are probably complaining due to envy, they're the same people who complain about supercars or even sports cars as they can't tell the difference. :angry:

Sid not to you but in general

what difference does it make?

you can recycle and do what ever you want

it makes no difference!

China for one will produce more than we could ever save in a year in a day or so.

I'm sick of all this do gooding that seems to be perpetuating.

Life is too short to not enjoy it whilst you can.

who makes the decision/Rules, sodding tree hugging cycle riding rambling exercisers it seems.

David

If I were you with job offers in Aus I'd be there now.

more my kind of place where you can say what you believe rather than what sounds nice to

mamby pamby fools this place has in power.

I also agree we should blame ourselves for letting this place go down the pi**er

with illegal immigrants getting care and consideration even to the point where one of the is involved with the murder of the policewoman

only to sod ff back to Somalia's the same country he is here to be away from for fear of persecution.

Looking at Alis pictures of Aus and listening to the stories of other from there it looks more and more appealing as time passes by.

Do you really all believe that it is a good thing for people to drive 4x4s in cities when they have absolutely NO reason to do so?

(excepting all those reasons eg 101 kids, bikes, dogs, horses, boat, caravan, trips up mountains, membership of SAS)

There must be be SOME people we can agree look daft in their Nissan Navara?

WE might not want to ban them from existing but we still laugh at them.

We don't ban them from doing so COS WE DON'T LIKE BANNING THINGS not cos we agree with them!

If we can reach some consensus with those we currently regard as a threat this is progress in the right direction.

For example:

Me, I want to run my 90 on biofuel, but at the moment it seems impractical.

Please can they make it easier for me to do so, eg. removing tax?

Yes, I'd love to throttle the little prat but it would only make ME feel better, not help the issue.

Knowing you're RIGHT doesn't mean you've won the argument.

If you are going down mob-handed, please don't make the mistake that many of the hunting lot made: that of getting a group mentality and looking for a fight.

Let him or his associates commit a crime - in front of witnesses, or gather evidence, then report him to the police. Do not confront him. Funnily enough this is what the anti-hunting lot are doing to the foxhunters...

Good luck to anyone in Bristol opposing this moron.

spot on Mark..

• 2 weeks later...