Croatia trophy 2019; new location, new classes.

Daan

After last years cancellation, it is all change at the Croatia Trophy; There is a new location, but more importantly there is a new class structure.

Apart from the Trophy class and adventure class, there is now also the Legend class; This is a class for production based vehicles.

Space frames and portal axles are not allowed in this class, which is good news for us with land rover based vehicles. It means a more level playing field is created and we don't have to retire our vehicles just yet.

I would have preferred a maximum tyre size as well, but from where they were with no rules at all, this is big step forwards:

http://croatia-trophy.org/ct/info-17th-ct/

Any takers?

Daan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

And they are off! Prologue today as we speak.

Some good trucks again as usual:

8008778.jpg

But the new legends class is gathering ground as well, with 8 cars taking part, of which 4 defenders. Even a defender 130 taking part! Will be interesting how this develops, as it allows a lot of people to have a go.

Daan

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Think you might go back and give legends a go Daan? :) 

Maybe once the little man grows up? No is the answer though, I feel tired just thinking of it.

All good stuff. The weather hasn’t been kind to them that’s for sure .Thanks again  Daan 👍🏻. Did I spot team Gigglepin in an earlier video or is it another ORA Offender ?

Edited by Ozzy50

Out of curiosity what sort of ratio is high speed vs. the slower muddy stuff? I'm by no means an expert and not done anything like this but a lot look like the tyre pressures could do with being dropped since they seem to be digging their way through a lot of the muddy sections.

I know with the King of the Hammers etc that they run stuff quite high because of the speeds they hit in the desert and it's no worth airing down for the rock stuff because they loose too much time but from the footage I've seen of this so far dropping the tyre pressure looks like it would help quite a bit.

Or would that risk punctures too much and therefore not worth the time in the long run?