heated seat testing

i bought a set of original heated seats for my 110 

all foams good and firm so got on and fitted them. 

put power to them and nothing.got multi meter out on resistance and base cusions appear to have no continuity 

does anyone know a part

number for the base element or do i have to buy a complete kit. 

all the ones ive seen have 2 settings where the genuine has 1 and i have got carling switches in a mud dash so dont want to swap switches if possible. 

17 hours ago, Scotts90 said:

Do the backs heat or have you nothing at all?

they are wired in series so backs dont work but i have continuity through them. 

2 hours ago, Eightpot said:

The wire terminations on the heater pad can come loose with age - not too difficult to resolver.

Otherwise the waeco seat kits are great.

have been in touch with exmoor and base elements are £38 each so will try the repair if not will think about a new kit. 

the waeco seats have 2 heat settings but my switches are carling single stage switches so may end up with just low setting

1 hour ago, Scotts90 said:

I had to solder in a new thermo switch on my OE heated seat element. Hardest part was gently peeling the element from the foam as it was glued on. Switch was only a couple of quid from an electronics supplier.

im going to pull them apart this week and have a look. 

any idea of supplier or will it become apparent once apart

22 hours ago, landroversforever said:

I've got a Waeco set waiting to go in mine and they look like good quality :) 

did see them and wondered if can re wire just to use either the high or low as dont want to change switches unless i have too

Waco do two different kits - there's a normal element type like the LR standard ones, or the carbon fibre mesh - had these in my last 110 and they were fantastic. Picked them up on ebay for £50 brand new! 

Been looking at some of the Chinese kits on Amazon for this winter - very cheap but Will wait till there are a few more reviews...

58 minutes ago, Eightpot said:

Waco do two different kits - there's a normal element type like the LR standard ones, or the carbon fibre mesh - had these in my last 110 and they were fantastic. Picked them up on ebay for £50 brand new! 

Been looking at some of the Chinese kits on Amazon for this winter - very cheap but Will wait till there are a few more reviews...

will have a look. exmoor do a single heat kit for £110 or a pair of base elements for £75