2.5 na fuel pipes keep bursting !!

DC_

Can anyone recommend where to get decent pipes ETC4291 set that will last? I’m sick of going trips to the Glens and pulling into car parks for a tea break to smell diesel. I already know what’s wrong before I pop the bonnet 😡😡 

The pipe that went yesterday was replaced a year ago and split at the fuel pump. Limped home today after a temp fix..... please help me get decent fuel pipes that will last.  

5 minutes ago, monkie said:

Lrseries as one example supply the genuine LR part. Is it always the same pipe leaking? Is the union on the FIP damaged at all?

No Monkie pipe 1 last year, this year pipe 4, then again today same pipe as last year. It’s the actual pipe splitting not the union. Scuuuuuse my French but it’s Foo**ng annoying. 

I’ll try LR series 👍 

12 minutes ago, Tim2809 said:

is there any support clamps that could be missing 

99857CE7-1B6A-420A-90DD-61557E945622.png

Tim thanks for the diagram, it’s actually pipe number 4 that’s went twice now. I’m sure the clamp is there, not sure there’s two though. Would this make a difference? 

just remember you have 4 reasonably heavy aluminium hammers being explosively activated 2,91 times every second at an idle of 700rpm which cause a lot of vibration and stress to everything connected to the hammers (pistons), link that with a longer than needed leverage (no support on your fuel line) and the result is material fatigue and failure.

I've had trouble with in the past with pipes from pump to injector on other (similar!) vehicles/engines: for me, it was always loose/missing/badly positioned clamps (or non-standard pipes made up on the bench) that led to the vibrations bodumatau refers to splitting the pipes.