Sherwood01

Discovery Interior light

Hi all just looking for advise i have a discovery td5 t reg and my interior light just refuse to work checked fuse new bulbs and even gutted new unit and still nothing

Wondering if anyone else had this problem or knows what it could be. 

There should be a permanent supply to both units  above for the purpose of the manual switch. Do u have that supply at the fuse and then up at the both lights.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:15 AM, teabag said:

There should be a permanent supply to both units  above for the purpose of the manual switch. Do u have that supply at the fuse and then up at the both lights.

Is it not controlled by the BCU? I seem to remember having trouble with mine not working until I locked and unlocked it or something like... Anyway - it didn't work, and then after a while it did. Sorry - not sure why. But keep messing and it might suddenly do it like mine did!

What a useless post by me!

:D

Yes the interior lights are switch by the BCU on a D2. (MFU on a D1) But let’s start with simple things first, is there a 12v supply at the light fitting ?

Check the connector down in the footwell. Not sure if it's located in driver or passenger side, offside or nearside, but in my LHD, its down in the left footwell, which mean driver side to me.

Mine has a lot of corrotion, and are due to a complete rebuild of some sort. replacing the contacts, or just solder every connector instead, I'm not sure. It our only driver at the moment, so I'm not going to touch it.