Euro Car Parts

cackshifter

I wouldn't normally bother with them, but they popped up in a search for non LR car parts , and they have a promo (code 'early')  running this week which seems to be pretty good, at about 50% off, and if they have what you want, puts them in the pricing realms of cheap to reasonable, eg Mann ERR3390 filters 4.19 with discount. I have no interest or connection with them, but thought I'd put it on here in case anyone else wanted to make use of it. (Mods, I hope this is Ok)

I get a monster discount at my local GSF since I let the girl behind the counter have a guided tour of the ambulance :lol:

Always worth a bit of chat and a polite haggle at a trade counter, as long as you don't make a PITFA of yourself you can usually swing some discount.

19 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

I get a monster discount at my local GSF since I let the girl behind the counter have a guided tour of the ambulance :lol:

My mind read that a bit differently to start with. Sounded much more decent the second time round 🤣

8 hours ago, cackshifter said:

I wouldn't normally bother with them, but they popped up in a search for non LR car parts , and they have a promo (code 'early')  running this week which seems to be pretty good, at about 50% off, and if they have what you want, puts them in the pricing realms of cheap to reasonable, eg Mann ERR3390 filters 4.19 with discount. I have no interest or connection with them, but thought I'd put it on here in case anyone else wanted to make use of it. (Mods, I hope this is Ok)

I've used them a couple of times for non LR parts and there is always a large discount code clearly displayed on their web site or if not you can easily find one with google.
But yes these codes are usually only available if you order via the web site, this can be for delivery or for collection next day at their local counter (which is what I did).

9 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Cheers then , I tried that in Aldershot the other day , the fella behind the counter is a 6'6" Pole ....with no sense of humour 

I went in to order a load of 25litre drums of oil - atf, ep90, engine oils for various vehicles etc and asked for the same discount as on the website. I got told it was web only. So i politley said i thought that was a bit odd and said i would go sit in the car and complete the order on my phone then come in and collect. Whilst i was fiddling with the phone, the lady behind the counter came out and said her boss had told her to offer me a bigger discount - it worked out at something like 45%!

Edited by reb78

You can always play the sympathy card - "Please don't make me go to halfrauds!" has worked wonders before now. :lol:

Then again, some factors are just bl**dy useless/miserable and nothing's going to help you - my local MPD used to be really good, the one 5 miles up the road was the worst place I've ever been in.

That's a fair shout , the local Aldershot CAF or who ever they might be owned by now are on the ball'ish but still ive been caught in the same trap as loads of other people , they ask for your reg but when you try and explain that your beloved shed that's parked leaking oils in their car park isnt quite as Solihull  made it , a glazed look often appears over their face , at this point I generally suck it up and do the walk of shame past the queue that's grown behind you and retire to the keyboard at home and wait for the various missed delivery slots in the days that follow .:glare: