300tdi wiring question

Hi all , started to make a new chassis harness for my project 300tdi today and came across a couple of plugs in between the left hand and right hand lights and I can’t understand why they’re there, one is a econoseal with a black wire and a green/ black trace wire and the other is a black round plug with a black wire and a white/purple trace wire . After looking at the wiring diagrams I found the green/ black wire is for the fuel gauge/sender and the white/purple is for the fuel pump , why a 300tdi doesn’t have one ? And I know a ROW rear harness may have the sender at the rear but mines an M reg so should have a standard harness, but why is the fuel pump wiring there ? One of the reasons for asking is I’m thinking of fitting an electric lift pump , like I have on my 200tdi and wondered if I could use the white/purple wire to power it .

Any help much appreciated as always cheers Ian 

12 hours ago, ianmayco68 said:

Cheers Bowie , did the V8’s have an in tank pump then ? Through me because I would have expected it to be near to the front of the harness with the tank being under the drivers seat , at lease I can make use of it .

Yes the V8 had in tank pumps from about 1986 onwards. At about the same time that Land Rover stopped fitting model specific wiring harnesses and introduced the all models, all markets harness.

The 110 had a rear tank and there was always the option of an additional side tank, for all models.

Edited by neil110