miketomcat

Forum relay Oxford ish to Southampton ish

Landroversforever has a pair of springs for me. If someone is passing him coming my way (Southampton) and doesn't mind it would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

I’m around halfway between Oxford and Swindon for those that don’t know and I work near Abingdon/A34 if that’s a help. 

If there's nothing sooner I can collect on the return from the Highlands around the New Year.

Also thought about it on the drive down last weekend and completely forgot on the return to pop into Chris' to pick up the transfer box. That I might be able to get Dad to collect when he comes stalking, if he's organised it... 

That’s a good point.... I’ll be down in the New Forest between Christmas and new year if that works Mike?

Shame this wasnt a couple of weeks ago. I could have picked up from Ross and dropped off with Fridge/TSD. 

Ed don't worry about the t box I'm going to change tyres instead. Around Xmas can work unless someone can do it sooner or I end up going that way.

Mike

I'm going to Exeter airport on Tuesday, day time,  and can collect from LR4ever, if it helps.

If they found there way to fridge or TSD that could work. So that's Basingstoke, Andover. 

Mike

Another possibility is I'm due to be driving past Fridge and TSDs office on the 17th again so if they can make their way towards Guildford / Farnham I can drop them off then.

Ironically have driven past or could have driven past Oxford each weekend for the last month, just nothing planned now until spending Christmas in Scotland.

I'm going from Leicestershire via the Cotswolds to Poole in a fortnight if that is of any help?

I think I'm away that weekend but I will be in the new forest.

Mike

If someone were to drop off something for Mike, is there a chance they could pick up a little bit of a fibreglass moulding from Mike for me ? 😇😆

Mo

Just waiting for work to confirm the date of a meeting but it looks to be 18th or 19th December, I should be able to confirm on Monday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, landroversforever said:

If it’s me... how small Mo?

It an r380 diaphram so about 300x500x40mm.

Mike

56 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Ah no worries about it fitting in the MINI then :) 

I was going to write "Someone would have thought a member of a Land Rover forum wouldn't have problems with fitting things inside their Land Rover". Then realised you probably don't have an issue with fitting whatever Mo wanted into / onto your Land Rover. Actually moving it once it's there might prove to be the difficult bit :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ed Poore said:

I was going to write "Someone would have thought a member of a Land Rover forum wouldn't have problems with fitting things inside their Land Rover". Then realised you probably don't have an issue with fitting whatever Mo wanted into / onto your Land Rover. Actually moving it once it's there might prove to be the difficult bit :ph34r:

Currently anything that is less than 14ft wide, 28ft long and 10ft tall can fit 'on' the land rover :P 

I can possibly offer Wantage to Lyndhurst on 22nd Dec. They would need to be dropped off and picked up from those locations tho as it's not me doing the travelling. Drop off could be anytime before 22nd, pick up would need to be at about 4pm on 22nd, or after that but from Bournemouth.

Ok, trip all sorted so happy to help if I can. I'm heading from Leicestershire to the Cotswolds and on to Poole via Southampton on 18th Dec and coming back late on the 19th.

Are you passing through Southampton or stopping either way what sort of timings. I work near Winchester so can meet M3 to M27 end with little trouble from 16.45 on failing that the wife should be able to do something day time.

Mike

Timing wise for me Boris, I work not far from the A34 at Culham Science Centre (OX14 3DB) 7:45/8 til about 4-4:30 so I'd be passing A34/Abingdon about 7:30 and 4:30-5.