D2 transfer box high low selector cable annoying ends

Jon W

My cable snapped so am in the process of changing it. I have the old one off but can’t get the pins out the end of the cable which attach it to the transfer box end and the lever end. These are rusted and seem an odd configuration. Also can find out any info on replacements or how the are meant to work. Is there a special way they release as mine are stuck fast. Lever is on the bench so access is good. Butntransfer box end will be more difficult to reach which is where the cable snapped in the 1st place

thanks 

Jon 

No one got any words of wisdom? They seem to be w kind of clip but mine are rusted solid. The lever end I can drill out on he work bench but will struggle to access it where it is on the transfer box end 

Jon,

I am in the process of removing my Hi - Lo cable as I am retro fitting a 300TDi set up to enable the t-case diff lock.

My cable works fine and is yours if you want it?

II'd suggest you drill out the rivets around the gear lever to gain better access - it will be nigh on impossible to do from underneath, especially if it is playing hard to get.

Edited by bishbosh
fat fingered typing

Hi Bish thanks for the offer, I have already brought a 2nd hand one. I have drilled the rivets out and am working from above with auto shifter and everything removed already. The clips should undo and pins come out, but being a disco 2 it is rusted clips have snapped and the pins are rusted in place!

will have another fight with it on sunday

thanks 

Jon