Lucas Prince of Darkness strikes again

Evening all.

just a quick question for the collective hive mind.

I have a 1997 110. Today when pulling up at a farm I noticed the headlights reflected off the hedge even though I only had side lights selected. It looks for all the world like dim dip though this has never happened in the previous 5 years or ownership. When I fired up again to leave the side lights and headlights worked as expected. Would a 1997 be fitted with dim dip, and if so where is the module mounted?

Wont get a chance to look at it again tonight but plan to investigate tomorrow.

Any pointers appreciated. Cheers

Yes to having dim dip, look for a Pink cased relay & the resistor in right rear corner of engine bay.

you can disable dim dip in 2 ways --

1 disconnect the resistor connection

2 remove the PINK relay & make/fit a jumper wire to join the 2 blue/red trace wires, that will retain normal, side/tail & dip.main headlight use.  dim dip regs were ditched in 2006 IIRC, no longer a vehicle lighting requirement as it was supersed by daytime running lights

My mistake Western, I thought you were inferring the relay was in the engine bay as well. I couldn’t see the resistor when I was looking before, but it had started to go dark. I’ll have another look tomorrow. I would like to find the reason for the sudden return of the dim dip!