V8 Range Range Rover not starting

Simon_CSK

Ok this is an issue that started, or didn;t as the case maybe, over 2 years ago and am now getting round to fix after refitting a replacement engine two years ago.

I cooked the engine on my 2001 Vogue in 2016 but due to divorce, remarriage and moving home once or twice I am now getting round to fixing.

It seemed that everything from the computer was correct it just wasn't firing. Had this before when I changed and engine and it turned out to be the inlet manifold not tight enough. Today I stripped the to top of the engine down and found  four of the  bolts holding the two sections of the inlet manifold together were loose and when the sections were separated there was paint on the faces from the gasket and the gasket itself was damp with petrol. 

I have now stripped down the top to valley gasket and prior to the rebuild next weekend I want to run a tap through the bolt holes.

What I would like to know is was thread tap do I need?

Is it possible that the loose bolts cause the car not to at least splutter?

What torque settings should the inlet  and the two parts of the inlet tobe set at?

All sorts of funny things happen in intake manifolds with airflow, suspect that is normal.

I expect rave has the torque figures, though as long as snuggled it should be fine.

I think the bolts are 3/8 UNC, but someone would need to confirm that!

3 hours ago, Simon_CSK said:

But the petrol was getting back up the air intake somehow.

And I think I know how and therefore why it wasn't starting.

If the air being taken in throught the air intake was escaping throught the joint in the two sections of this inlet it then potentially causes the fuel to be drawn up to the joint. That will weaken the mixture going into the cylinders and prevent the engine from firing.