Sign in to follow this  
BogMonster

Squidgy foam tape stuff

In various places on Defenders there is a sort of (very) sticky backed foam/fabric tape stuff that they use to bodge up all the lousy panel gaps (in this particular case, to fill the gap where the cab meets the back box about half way up the rear of a 110 Station Wagon second row door). I've seen it for years but I have never actually had to buy any - is it sold under a specific part number?

It's MRC8626, comes in 1metre lengths used to seal floor plates as well or maybe its item 11 in photo 

IMG_20181203_173525.jpg

Marine closed-cell neoprene hatch seal tape is nice stuff and available in varying width/thickness.

I've just bought some of this for exactly the use you're planning, and for the floor plates.  Even if this product brand isn't available, I'm sure there's equivalent products you could access.  I haven't used it yet, but a small length I cut off seemed to do the trick.  Hope this helps.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dicor-BT-1834-1-1-8-x-3-4-x-30-Butyl-Seal-Tape-FREE-SHIPPING-NEW/273390235293?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Mike

15 hours ago, western said:

It's MRC8626, comes in 1metre lengths used to seal floor plates as well or maybe its item 11 in photo 

IMG_20181203_173525.jpg

Thanks Ralph, it's what goes on to the end of item 11 that you can't see in the picture.

I'll ask for that part number but I don't think it's available.

Is it LR028972? This is listed for vehicles from 2005 as a straight piece. LR028971 is a corner piece.

3 hours ago, BogMonster said:

Thanks Ralph, it's what goes on to the end of item 11 that you can't see in the picture.

I'll ask for that part number but I don't think it's available.

At thr rear it just follows the panel, at the front, just some waterproof tape/sealant putty & the door seal.