Correct spark advance for RV8 3.5

Daragh

The problem is MS can be fitted to almost anything, but their setup may be very different to your setup - crank & cam triggers, double-stacked distributors (wankel!), coil-on-plug direct-drive etc etc. so you've got to be very careful who you copy.

LR4x4 is a good base as almost everyone is running the setup Nige sells (either because it came from Nige or because it's a popular and reliable configuration) so almost all the posts, settings, advice and tuning etc. are based on a Rover V8 running MS1 and EDIS with very similar config. Advice found elsewhere for other vehicles could be anything and could be totally wrong for your setup.

7 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

The problem is MS can be fitted to almost anything, but their setup may be very different to your setup - crank & cam triggers, double-stacked distributors (wankel!), coil-on-plug direct-drive etc etc. so you've got to be very careful who you copy.

LR4x4 is a good base as almost everyone is running the setup Nige sells (either because it came from Nige or because it's a popular and reliable configuration) so almost all the posts, settings, advice and tuning etc. are based on a Rover V8 running MS1 and EDIS with very similar config. Advice found elsewhere for other vehicles could be anything and could be totally wrong for your setup.

šŸ‘

10 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Yep, I agree re the settings and set up but I thought the interface of changing the parameters would be the same. Just trying my bestĀ to look up stuff rather than ask stupid questions and waste peoples time on the forum. I am sure people's generosity on the forum will only last for so long and I want to try and keep my teachers happy ;)

Ā 

1 hour ago, Daragh said:

I've looked it up and recommendationsĀ varies but 3 bar seems consensus. If I am reading my MLV correctly mine runs at -5 dipping regularly to -7! That seems a strange, I guess I am reading this wrong.

I'd be surprised if MLV is showing you fuel pressure???

2 hours ago, Daragh said:

I ļ»æprobably haveĀ it wrong as it shows as a negative value but it has one of the drop down options 'Fuel Press'. See attached....?

ļ»æļ»æ2018-12-01_12.54.03.msl from cold -.msl

Unless you know you have a fuel pressure sensor hooked up, it's probably a red herring - MS has lots of inputs that can be used for allsorts, so if one of them is mis defined or isn't there but is enabled in software you can get weird bogus readings...

Not always obvious!

The biggest problem with MS is it's tried to be all things to all people, and that makes it a LOT more complicated than it really needs to be. If you remove all the wacky stuff that's only used by 1% of people it would be a great benefit IMHO.