oil mingle with water

rach

Hi
here I have a land rover discovery 2 TD5 2002, diesel
i have problem that the oil that has entered in the water system (I noticed that the expansion tank is filled with oil), I found on the internet that there maybe a problem in the oil cooler
and I'm afraid that is a serious problem
need to know more about the problem, and how do to repair
thank you
cordially

It sounds like the oil heat exchanger has failed. It lives on the left side of the engine below the exhaust manifold/behind the oil filter and is available as a replacement part.

There are also aftermarket ones available that offer better resistance to corrosion, but if you use the correct antifreeze, you should be OK on an OEM one.

Have a good look at the housing while you are in there, the pipe spigot is a good point for corrosion and subsequent misery as your coolant leaks out and strands you.

• Thanks 1

hi friends

i found the problem, it's the oil cooler that had holes causing by the rust.

but the cooler costs a bit expensive, so I opt for another system, I found on the net, I hope it will work, just the time for me to have the price for the cooler,

your opinion is precious thank you to let me know.

179A140C-E6AF-4264-A8F8-371FDDC58C64.jpeg