Chinese diesel Heater under seat on a 110.

mud do a bracket/housing to sit it under the cubby box. 

they will fit under drivers seat in the tool box or ive fitted mine under rear seats. 

2kw will get my 110 from 3 degrees to 30 degrees in under 10 mins. 

5kw will just soot up as wont run long enough on high 

20 minutes ago, Red90 said:

Because 2 kW is not enough and they cost very little.  They are fine running at any setting and won't soot up

ive got a 2kw in a 110csw and its more than enough. had a 5kw eberspacher and it kept sooting up as never really ran on high power for long enough 

• Like 1

Have you got a link to what you are considering? This sounds interesting but I can't help thinking the words "Cheap, Chinese, Diesel, Heater, Under and Seat" sound dangerous in that combination!😬

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, monkie said:

Have you got a link to what you are considering? This sounds interesting but I can't help thinking the words "Cheap, Chinese, Diesel, Heater, Under and Seat" sound dangerous in that combination!😬

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F401639305753

apparently if you need parts then they all use the same gaskets and glow plugs as a eberspacher d2 airtronic 

Edited by Tim2809

20 minutes ago, Red90 said:

There was something wrong with it.  They should run at any level forever without issue.  Everyone has one where I live.

I have heard some sellers say that it’s better to have a smaller one running near to capacity than a bigger one that never gets near it though 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

44 minutes ago, Tim2809 said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F401639305753

apparently if you need parts then they all use the same gaskets and glow plugs as a eberspacher d2 airtronic 

Thanks, a fraction of the price of some of the well know makes. I particularly like the term they use on this diagram top right.....

s-l500.jpg

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Red90 said:

There was something wrong with it.  They should run at any level forever without issue.  Everyone has one where I live.

it was sent to the eberspacher dealer for service and checked over as it kept smoking and cutting out, they said it was because its too big for the landrover.  so i sold it and got a 2kw and no issues since and it still cuts down to tick over as heat is still in ample supply

29 minutes ago, Anderzander said:

I have heard some sellers say that it’s better to have a smaller one running near to capacity than a bigger one that never gets near it though 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

ive also heard its better to run keroscene as although btu output is less its a cleaner fuel

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, monkie said:

If you occassionally ran a 5KW heater at full setting for a while, would it clear the soot out?

yes but you would need to keep doors open so its inlet air is not heated as thats where most temp sensor are located so it ran flat out. 

Interested to see how a Chinese copy of "small fire in a box" comes out. I'd be tempted as a quick-defrost / use-when-driving solution as you can always reach for the fire extinguisher, but I think for the "leave it running while you sleep" version in a camper I'd take a 2nd hand Eberspacher or Webasto over a Chinese knock-off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1