Black Windscreen Washer Diverter

Gents,

Typical!! Got in the 110 after work, quick squirt of washer fluid and.... nothing.

Got home, and found that black diverter thing that sits at the base of the windscreen has fallen off, so all the juice squirts forward.

Two questions? Anyone have the part number? Assume they've not changed, but whatever fits my 1994 110.

Is the back one an identical part? I can take that off and put it on the front which would save a bit of fannying around tomorrow.

I'll have a good look in the car park tomorrow (it's not on the drive), but not hopeful. Probably on the M4 somewhere.

Back is not the same as the front, although they look the same externally, the front one has a longer spigot on the rear as its attached through a box section in the windscreen frame where as the rear one just goes through a thin panel - I had the same problem. You can fit a front to the rear but not the other way round.

Someone on here with the new version of Microcat will post part number and price.. :P

One thing worth noting is that they seem to be quite a fast moving item and the main dealers usually carry them on the shelf, usually for less than you pay on Ebay (and that exludes the additional cost of P&P).

While replacing it have you considered fitting a pair which will give you four streams of water? Did it to my 90 many years ago and it has been a great success. The holes already exists in the bulkhead, the original pump is powerful enough and you are taking the top of the dash off anyway so what is stopping you? :D

LR part number is AMR3025

I've also done the mod detailed above, just need a 'T' joiner [halfords] & some extra tubing [halfords] it's well worth the time & effort, shame LR didn't do it ages ago.

Been there done that! :P And while I was at it fitted a 3rd wiper arm and wheelbox by shuffling the existing arms along.

been toying with that idea too, have you got a picture of the current 3 arm setup please

Bit dark and cold at the moment! :lol:

Did this ages ago but IIRC and a quick dash outside, brrr, drivers arm stays where it is, new middle one goes in a new hole exactly on windscreen centre line and I think the left hand used the blank LHD drive hole in the bulkhead. Standard arms on all 3, 11" blades on centre and drivers arm, 10" on passenger.

You can always pop off an arm and measure it all out. When you cut the drive tube make sure you flare the ends where the wheelbox clamps the tube as otherwise it can pop out. 8mm microbore central heating tube is ideal to make up new lengths. Good idea to strip and rebuild motor at same time, if brushes are worn or bearings dry it wont cope with the extra load.

3 wipers give better clearance of the screen on passenger side and also the area around the centre of the screen. Don't often have to use fast speed either.

Cheers Si. I've got the original washer jet centre hole blanked off after moving the washer jets, so won't have to drill a new hole for 3rd wheelbox, just need another arm/blade/wheelbox/tubing, another mod to add to the list.

Edited by western

Cheers Si. I've got the original washer jet centre hole blanked off after moving the washer jets, so won't have to drill a new hole for 3rd wheelbox, just need another arm/blade/wheelbox/tubing, another mod to add to the list.

Doh, of course the centre hole is for the washer in the standard set up, remember drilling a hole so that must have been for my 2nd washer jet. I think the left hand washer used the old wiper hole on that side and I must have just drilled a new hole for the washer on the drivers side.

Doh, of course the centre hole is for the washer in the standard set up, remember drilling a hole so that must have been for my 2nd washer jet. I think the left hand washer used the old wiper hole on that side and I must have just drilled a new hole for the washer on the drivers side.

just added a pic of my current setup, the drivers & passenger washer jet fits into a existing holes in the bulkhead [these would be for wiper wheelboxes on LHD vehicles]

just added a pic of my current setup, the drivers & passenger washer jet fits into a existing holes in the bulkhead [these would be for wiper wheelboxes on LHD vehicles]

Forget my previous, my LH jet is further to the left edge (passenger side) of the screen to yours, its quite close to the relocated passenger arm, so that must have been the extra hole I drilled... it was all sooo long ago!

Thanks guys. Highly efficient as usual!! :rolleyes:

I should've asked sooner, but I assume this thing just pops on? I'm running out of time and need to fix this ASAP.

I'll definitely do the four-hole mod, but the dash top removal is purely for the mod. Correct? ;)

the dashtop has to come off to gain access to the washer jet securing nut & the tubing, looking at the spare new rear version it's a one piece plastic moulding, so sounds like your front one is broken.

you can & I have refitted one easily gaining access to the rar of the fitting through the ashtray hole

I never removed the dash top

although this job(dash top removal) isn't to hard.

Can we have some more details, and maybe a pic of the triple wiper set up??? I liked the series with one piece screen and triple wipers. Love to know how you did this.

Cheers

Oz ;)

Can we have some more details, and maybe a pic of the triple wiper set up??? I liked the series with one piece screen and triple wipers. Love to know how you did this.

Cheers

Oz ;)

There really isn't anymore to add to what I've said above. Use the blades as I've specified and use the 3rd new arm to get the postion for the spindle. Its so long ago now I can't remember if i used an existing hole or drilled a new one.

Then just cut the drive tube and flare the cut ends where they go in the wheel boxes. Remove the cable completely BEFORE you cut the tube. Use 8mm central heating microbore for any new sections you have to make up. IIRC there was just a short bit between two of the boxes which had to be made up. Don't use rubber/plastic tube as it will flex under load of the inner cable. The inner just goes back in unmodified.

Once you've got the top dash rail off you will see how simple it is.

To get top dash rail off, heater control assy at drivers end needs to be unscrewed and also the handle at the passenger side. Screen demister vents need to come out, I think thats about it. Someone else will put me right if its not!

OK great job, i get the idea. How about a picture of the finished article?? Do you have enough screen space to get all 3 wipers sat level. Or that maybe the reason for the 10inch blade on the end??

Sounds like a good mod.

Oz

All three are horizontal when parked, if you didn't have the middle wiper on the centre line and moved it slightly nearer the drivers side you could have 3 11" blades. But since there is an existing hole there already i used that. Looks like 6 wiper arms in the pic but its shadows on the screen!

post-237-1166973477_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Your left wiper arm pivot is much closer to the left than mine [must be the new hole you drilled, as washer jet is in the same place as mine]

Neat job, definitly another wiper mod for me to add to my 110.

Good mod on a S111 with a one-piece screen as well. One result is that when a wheelbox decides to throw it's toys out of the pram it makes for an interesting piece of wiper-based knitting ... guess how I know! :rolleyes:

AndyG