So what did you get

miketomcat

I got a day off family duties to spend in the garage!

And a lead that allows me to run our dog rather than walk, should save valuable time.

A Dilbert every day cartoon Calender to keep me sane in this mad world.

Guy martin's last book.

Daan

2 hours ago, monkie said:

A sickness bug from a family party🤢..... I knew I should have spent the day in the garage instead!

We've had that here to spent most of last night cleaning up sick from my eldest. My youngest was sick before but we were all ok for Xmas day.

Mike

Guy's new book; new rigger boots, which were just in time since the old ones fell apart last week. Some cash that I've already spent on some welding accessories, and a bottle of port and Stilton which will be enjoyed when I get a moment to sit down later. #2 daughter has been puking and worse for the last 24 hrs 😞 so I'll hit the bottle if I can get her to bed for long enough.

I bought the kids some Lego, which of course they will have to share with me 🤣

A Lovely Milwaukee Fuel 18v 5ah Cordless drill, must have been the sledgehammer sized hints I kept dropping and as a bonus the carry case it came in was slightly damaged so the supplier sent another one foc so I now have a carry case for my 4.5 inch Milwaukee grinders as well  👌🏻

• 2 weeks later...

Bought myself a dash cam on Black Friday, and two days later my compressor decided to fubar itself, so I then bought a nice 220 volt, 13 amp, 60 gallon tank compressor with a 30% discount!😂👆👆👆  Obviously a long Black Friday!  After that I didn't dare expect anything for Christmas, and I wasn't significantly disappointed.  Oh yes, I did get a bottle of locally distilled vodka😁😁😁.  It's a tough life, but we've just got to put up with it!

Mike

47 minutes ago, Mo Murphy said:

Blimey I haven't seen a Riley Kestrel for 40 years !

Mo

Not that many around now. It was last driven about 30 years ago by me, when a mate who couldn't drive due to MS bought it to restore it. I ended up chipping in on the purchase price and initial restoration costs. Since then things slowed down to Dave moving to Somerset and me moving to Worcestershire, and then sadly Dave's MS returning big time and leaving him totally incapacitated and unable to speak.  Some progress has been made and now the Riley is nearly a rolling but non running shell with some interior trim fitted. Sadly Dave passed away late November. Hopefully I'll be able to complete work on it in a few months and bring it home (just need to persuade SWMBO!) It is a good little example of BMC badge engineering at it best! 

• Like 1