Sign in to follow this  
Tom17

90 solid rear side windows and trim

hi all 

i have recently picked up a 2011 puma 90. i suspect somebody has either cut their own windows in or used older ones as these side windows are not the sliding type i am used to seeing. i think i will stay with the solid one piece as it doesn't bother me enough to change it but i was wondering if anybody has any experience fitting the interior trim to this style of rear window and if it fits ok? 

Screenshot_20181226-171637_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Tom17

Reckon it's a hardtop that has had side windows retrofitted, you'll need the correct interior side trims, measure the windown size & loaction on body side before buying any trims as the window may not be in the correct place.

thanks for the reply. you don't happen to know the correct dimensions for a window. hopefully they've done a good job if so!

Not for a 90, pretty sure someone asked a whole ago, a search might find the info. 

Defenders only have factory side windows fitted in conjunction with alpine windows in the roof, so yes, someone has cut them themselves.

Looks like they’ve cut the rear ones too as basic model Pumas (what yours is as no alpine windows) did not have rear windows fitted either. I think you’ll be lucky if all four windows line up with the factory trim position!

The only way you'll know is if you fit the trim to your sides and see if they line up.

If they don't, then don't worry about  it  - just run it without the trim.

Of course, you could just flag down a passing Defender CSW and ask if you could take some measurements, or some kind forum member could send you them.

Mike