Megasquirt basic settings help

Hi, I'm in the process of fitting a GEMS 4.6 with THOR inlet and MS3x to my RRC (I need the can-bus as well as wanting to run full sequential fuel and sparks as well as a few other features that were only available on the MS3x).  I've fitted a high torque cam and, as soon as possible, I'll be changing the 4 into 1 Headman headers that I have to 4 into 2 into 1 headers.

I'm just wondering what would be a sensible rev limit to set in MS would be?

I've attached pics showing my current, fresh from the box, VE and spark tables, I'm wondering what figures would be better in the bottom row depending on what the rev limit is set to.  Also, do the figures in the cells look realistic or do they need changing and if they do what figures would be better?

I know I'm bound to have to change priming pulse, cranking pulse, ASE, WUE, etc but I'll do some datalogging once the engine is running and go from there on them unless some kind soul posts an MSQ that would help get me in the right ballpark for all of my settings.

Spark table.jpg

VE table.jpg

There's been plenty of MS1 VE tables posted here over the years, any of those should transfer to your MS3.

I'd suggest following the factory rev limit if in doubt, whatever that may be (red line on the gauge would be a fair guess) but RV8's do their best work at lower revs anyway. For VE bins I'd try and pick speeds you spend the most time at as good RPM bins - so 70mph in 5th might be one, 30mph in 4th, etc. plus you want your target idle RPM to be the 2nd bin so you can get a nice little corner for it to idle in.

You may decide after a bit of datalogging to shift the bins around a tad but with 16x16 tables it's overkill anyway, you'll never hit a lot of the cells.

On 1/1/2019 at 9:12 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

I'd suggest following the factory rev limit if in doubt, whatever that may be (red line on the gauge would be a fair guess) but RV8's do their best work at lower revs anyway.

The standard rev counter goes up to 6000rpm and doesn't display a redline, I'm thinking setting the hard limit to 5400rpm and the soft limit at 5200rpm and see what revs I actually use when I start datalogging unless anyone else has a suggestion of what the rev limit should be.

On 1/2/2019 at 1:00 PM, JohnnoK said:

Get hold of this bloke... http://www.extraefi.co.uk he is on v8forum.co.uk too.

My Ms3x came from extra efi and despite going into lengthy detail via email about what I wanted/needed it to do, length of wiring loom, etc had having it confirmed that that was all OK it was supplied with a loom 50cm too short (some of the wires were 100cm short) and it didn't have all of the features I'd requested and paid for and has resulted in having to add extra wiring and components myself.