I drove to the UK to change a transfer box in a front garden

elbekko

2 hours ago, Escape said:

Or we could just buy it and leave it over there in *someone's* garden just in case we come over to play again.

Filip

Got some 'garden' space here 😉 handy for 7S breakages😜.

Glad you got sorted and nice to see the land rover camaraderie is alive and kicking especially having been on the receiving end of some bush repairs by your good selves

It's great to see the community working together , one of the many reasons I've been a Land Rover owner since 1981 . That was a pretty rare breakage to have , on the subject of P38's sitting , I have a complete 2.5 auto here that has been off the road for a while - BeCM is fried due to water which has come from leaking heater O rings ,  it has had some new stuff just before getting laid up - Bosch service exchange IP , 3 new air springs , compressor , pm me if it's of interest

cheers

Steve b  

3 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

All these offers of old P38's there's going to be a Belgian car-transporter coming over :rofl: and then Filipe will have to build a bigger workshop :ph34r:

Maybe he should just buy a field, I don't know somewhere near, maybe, Guildford. He can then have a barn and store all his vehicles here for when he breaks them.

I'd offer to look after it for him of course :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Proof that @elbekko  & @Escape are incurable petrolheads, here's the Lotus sitting waiting while they are playing in (and breaking) the P38 tow-car:

2018-12-30_13-32-41.jpg

Here's the damage:

2018-12-30_14-26-45.jpg

@miketomcat fetched the trailer - I stood in the way to stop him making off with the Lotus as he's got a thing for small plastic cars:

2018-12-30_14-07-45.jpg

And reluctantly let them swap the load over:

2018-12-30_14-25-02.jpg

3 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Proof that @elbekko  & @Escape are incurable petrolheads, here's the Lotus sitting waiting while they are playing in (and breaking) the P38 tow-car:

2018-12-30_13-32-41.jpg

The Lotus looks vulnerable lads 😀

What's the story with sanitising the transfer case replacement photos by taking all the beer bottles out of shot?

Deadly Land Rover camaraderie!

1 hour ago, Shackleton said:

What's the story with sanitising the transfer case replacement photos by taking all the beer bottles out of shot?

There was a surprising lack of beer. Tea was supplied. Beer was had in the evening when everything was done.

Finally got my pictures processed as well:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/53987443@N05/

I really need a better lense...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, elbekko said:

There was a surprising lack of beer. Tea was supplied. Beer was had in the evening when everything was done.

I really need a better lense...

Nice pictures, I've stolen a load of them, especially the ambulance :D

On 1/7/2019 at 12:02 PM, elbekko said:

Great photos of what looked to be a fun event, and most of them have nothing to do with Land Rovers, but having been bitten by Photobucket, please can we post thread photos on line, not somewhere that's currently free, but could well change.  Sorry to p**s on your parade, but so many older threads, still highly relevant and valuable, are significantly devalued by photos no longer being available.

Mike

Didn't feel like trying to upload 140 pictures to the forum that are not LR related, and Imgur was being a pain with sorting them, so Flickr it was.

I get your comment, but for this it's just too much of a pain. The relevant pictures have been uploaded to the forum.

If anyone has their own web hosting I'm happy to share my php gallery scripts, they allow you to view a folder of photos like an album & post dynamically resized versions without any query strings which upset forum software. Only thing they don't do is upload files, but that's what FTP is for :SVAgoaway:

Example - my album from Brooklands.

Example resized pics:

2019-01-01_13-27-34.jpg

2019-01-01_13-27-34.jpg

• Like 1