Alternator Belt

Wasn’t the reason you used the longer Dayco 10A1050C belt because you had a 100amp alternator with a larger casing though ?

I thought Cornish Rattler was using the series alternator bracket, spaced, with the standard alternator on just the 3 pulleys ...

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:38 AM, Anderzander said:

Wasn’t the reason you used the longer Dayco 10A1050C belt because you had a 100amp alternator with a larger casing though ?

I thought Cornish Rattler was using the series alternator bracket, spaced, with the standard alternator on just the 3 pulleys ...

Went to my local Motor world store today with a length of 3 core cable ( all I had in the garage ) cut to length as a sample and the biggest belt they had in was a 1050 which was still to small so i'l go for a walk on Monday into Northenden as there are two motorist's shops there hopefully one of them can help :)

1 hour ago, western said:

a 10A1050C alt belt was a good fit on my Defender spec 200tdi with the 100amp alt, surprised it won't fit on your engine.

how much longer does it need, Dayco don't do a 10a1075c version 1075 = 1075mm length.

Yeah 1050 rang a bell to what I used on my last one with an 100amp alt aswell but this time i'm using a Britpart 120amp alt which I think is bigger in size to a std disco 100amp alt, was thinking about a 1075 walking home, also found out there is a newish C.E.S. auto factors sprung up near me so will give them ago on my way to two more motorist's shops if they can't help.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, western said:

Ah bigger diameter body then,

Have a play with Dayco website https://www.daycogarage.com/catalogue/en-us/search-product-by-code?a=1

I couldn't find a 1075 long belt in 10, 11 or 13mm width. 

This mite help, the belt was just cut and layed across the two pulleys and pulled tight to set the spacing.

20190112_192823_002.jpg

20190112_192933.jpg

20190112_192847.jpg

Edited by Cornish Rattler