Defenders up to/from chassis number guide

Do we have, or could we create, a useful guide to Defender chassis numbers to solve the problem below please, I'm sure others suffer from it as well?
Parts suppliers have things like "Defender - up to KA930455" on a web page for a front axle part. However my Defender is a hybrid of axles, transfer boxes and so on from 1991 to 2005...
My chassis number is from 1991, but my axle from after 2002, so I have no idea if the part will fit etc.

Can we create a list of chassis number ranges per year and per engine?
And then a web form where you put in your chassis number and the 'up to KA930455' part and it says if it fits etc?

As you know the axle year of make just go with that or find the axle serial number, most part suppliers go with the vin range as that was a major change, for example

TD engine to 200tdi & start of Defender name,

200tdi to 300tdi changeover,

300tdi to Td5 changeover

Td5 to 2.4 Ford engine. 

Without access to the full set of vin numbers it would be a huge amount of work for us to do when the supplier have already have a system.