14Platoon

Work/Fog light wiring

Hello

I will be fitting two worklights at the rear of my ex MOD 1992 Defender. 

I need to find 2 wires, one to power the work light switch and one to power the relay. 

Any ideas which are the best two wires to use? A colour of the wires and locations would be perfect too.

Cheers 

I don't know about the ex MOD versions, but with my 110 I ran new wires on the chassis (one fused 12v from the battery and a switched 12v from the switch I had in the cab), it was a lot easier!

Cheers

Peter

1 hour ago, Puffernutter said:

I don't know about the ex MOD versions, but with my 110 I ran new wires on the chassis (one fused 12v from the battery and a switched 12v from the switch I had in the cab), it was a lot easier!

Cheers

Peter

Does your wiring have a relay etc? I don’t mind going straight from the battery but can I do that with both the switch and the relay?

Yes I did, the 12v fused went to the relay (located at the back of the car) in heavy cable (no LED variants when I did it and they (I had 2) were 60W each I think?) 

Cheers

Peter

3 hours ago, Puffernutter said:

Yes I did, the 12v fused went to the relay (located at the back of the car) in heavy cable (no LED variants when I did it and they (I had 2) were 60W each I think?) 

Cheers

Peter

Great, thank you Peter.