FridgeFreezer

Binky-style cable/pipe clamp/bracket generator tool thing for you

One too many episodes of Project Binky led to me making quite a few nylon block cable/pipe clamps in the 109, but I got fed up trying to add up in a cold shed so made an online version, as well as an OpenSCAD version:

Online version - give it a list of spaces, holes, and mounts and it will generate a scale drawing (SVG image) as well as a straight list of holes to drill if you're doing it manually.

OpenSCAD version - generates a 3d object you can print or mill as well as outputting a similar drill-list in the comments.

scad_bracket_v0p2.png

• Thanks 1

Cute, thanks FF.... I'll have a use for that :i-m_so_happy:

OK, now you made me need a 3D printer :(

17 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

OK, now you made me need a 3D printer :(

It's a slippery slope - you need the right filament and stuff - stock PLA would suck for this. TSD's printed some very strong stuff in nylon, carbon-fibre reinforced, and PET-T which pulled the glass bed apart :blink:

Depending how my weekend goes I might get the mill up and running to allow me to machine brackets but chances are I'll still be hand-drilling the darn things in the garage :rolleyes:

I'd expect unreinforced nylon would be enough for these, but obviously no experience :)

Nylon yes - but brittle / low-temp stuff like the default PLA is probably not going to enjoy an engine bay. Not sure about fuel/oil resistance either.