300tdi to lt77 bolt pattern

It may not be the correct forum to post but i am guessing various members have had the same query - I am trying to mate a Ashcroft short bellhousing to a 300tdi - the bellhousing is really designed for a 200tdi - I can get seven studs to match on the 300tdi backplate - between 9 o'clock & 4 o'clock plus probably a small stud at six o'clock - is this enough...

Plan B would be to purchase a 200tdi/2.5na backplate, cut out the centre and bolt it to the 300tdi but then you loose the engine mount stiffening brackets which bolt to the standard 300tdi backplate.

There is loads on the forum/web about these conversions but you can receive conflicting reports ...

Unfortunately Photobucket decided that hosting photo's that were linked to 3rd party websites wasn't going to remain without paying a huge annual fee, so most peole just said get lost. that meant all the photo's were lost, you could PM the original poster & ask if they still have copies.

Good idea - also I have just solved the loading mystery - not sure why it is happening but I right clicked - refresh - and the page loads but it never happened before.

Any takers on just seven studs holding the bellhousing to the 300tdi !

I have done this conversion with standard 300tdi flywheel housing and lt777 bellhousing. There is a blank bole in the flywheel housing at 6 o’clock which I drilled and tapped and mates with the lt77 correctly. 

Main advantage of retaining 300tdi flywheel housing is keeping the correct timing hole. I can’t see any significant strength is lost with reduced bolts as the engine and gearbox are both supported on two sides.

Edited by Sausages