Td5 looms into a earlier pre 1991 vehicle

Hi not been on here in a long time so merry Christmas to you all,

need bit of advice 

I’ve got my self a replacement  td5 15p bulkhead wiring loom and I’m wondering where the fog light switch would go,I have four block connectors that go up the steering colom along with the four ignition wires, 

Would the switch be located behind the wiper stalk like the old 110’s 

C769DB7F-07B7-439F-8113-08ACECF3B919.jpeg

The four connectors in your picture, are -

C769DB7F-07B7-439F-8113-08ACECF3B919.thumb.jpeg.c0a1c29ee9cc33524cfdf0dc2373c90b.jpg.abb367d0d8b023133a4908e11f149cd2.jpg

A.  Main Lighting Switch (LH side of column)

B.  Rear Fog Lamp 'one-touch' ECU (behind instrument pack)

C.  Wash/Wipe Switch (RH side of column)

D.  Horn/Dip/Flash Switch (LH side of column)

For the rear fog lamp switch -

1999 - 2001 -  have the Lucas type rocker switch down by your right knee

2002 - 2006  -  have the push/push type in the console in the centre of the dash

Edited by PaulMc

Yes that’s what I’m going to do Ralph replace both stalks and side light switch priced them up cheep enough as they are all at least 14 years old maybe even older, so due anyway,just a shame Land Rover thought it was a good idea to move fog light switch not even long enough 😂would of been perfect just to go the same route with all switches, 

can go in my raptor dash 😊

thanks all for the help and have a great Christmas 👍

• Like 1

Ecu/main loom and ABS plugs enter from the side under the cubby towards the front, power supply to drivers underseat fuse box to the rear of the same side. Power supply to starter exits from the front face of the passenger battery compartment along the chassis leg.

2 minutes ago, Scotts90 said:

Ecu/main loom and ABS plugs enter from the side under the cubby towards the front, power supply to drivers underseat fuse box to the rear of the same side. Power supply to starter exits from the front face of the passenger battery compartment along the chassis leg.

Ok thank you

cool,

was hoping loom would be long enough and enter passenger seat box from the side otherwise if not  would have to move my battery’s 

good news 😊

2 hours ago, roverv8 said:

Someone resently helped me with my light switches by adding ABCD to a photo can you do Same for ignition wires please 😊

thank you 

5BA9FFB3-1A1E-43EC-87F0-56ADCEEE7DB7.jpeg

quick question,

are these spade connectors smaller then a 1986 110 land rover ones? mine look double the size iirc

So, are you fitting a td5 loom to a non-td5 engined version? 

If so, the ignition barrel switches are different...which you've already sussed out. The td5 looms have no ignition triggered heater plug wiring as the ecu takes care of this on the td5 engine. Straightforward enough to work around though.

wiring to switch as below...

image.thumb.png.a06a1be3ddd1aa90273b295d4f6f7a0b.png

It was PaulMc who replied to your earlier question, 

a suggestion -- I can wrap these 3 posts into a new one called something like "Td5 loom into a pre 1991 earlier vehicle"

Then it could be a easier for you to have all the info in one post & reference source for others & can be linked to the Tech Archive.