Td5 looms into a earlier pre 1991 vehicle

C0195 is a 3-way female Econoseal III 070 connector -

s-l300.jpg

It's wired as follows -

Terminal 1 - White/Green - Ignition-switched live, from fuse 12 (10A) in the bulkhead fuse box

Terminal 2 - Black - Earth, to header C0550 (earth stud on bulkhead in engine compartment)

Terminal 3 - Black/Red - Signal, to speedo Pink ISO connector (C1060)

The wiring for these is already in your main harness (from connector C0448), and would normally go through connector C0162 on the engine harness, that mates with C0448 on the main harness.

In C0448 (and C0162) the wires are on the following terminals -

White/Green - Terminal 12

Black - Terminal 6

Black/Red - Terminal 10

I can supply the Sumitomo 14-way male connector (C0162), if you wanted to make your own engine harness?

Edited by PaulMc

though id ask as just a quick open to all other people may not go in to my original thread,

BOWIE i agree with what you say as one is 10 pin and the other is 14 pin going on the 14 pin id say thats my rear lights rear wiper rear heated screen and so on, problem i have is im only fitting the main loom at the moment im not doing the rear lights yet so say the orange plug is my rear lights i can get the male plug and make up an adapter from old to new, this way come new rear loom time its just a case of plug in and water tight (thats the idea anyway)😂

ralph yes please if you can 

ok people what color is the head lights relay?

put a live and earth on my under seat fuse box new switch got side lights but no head lights 

checked ALL fuses nothing also do the head lights go off when you turn off the ignition?

been doing a bit o detective work and worked out that the orange plug id defo rear lights,

Edited by roverv8

Ok update

amazed my self here but lights are now working,😳 

helps to earth out grey box that fits to under bonnet bulk head,

put an earth to the head light bulb it self and the interior light come on🤔

so bit more digging around I just thought the grey box was a wire connector for all the earths didn’t think for a second it was THE earth 😂

so must be bolted in place or nothing will work😉

73E5E082-C4F0-4F5F-8AAA-A606193431F0.jpeg

F83DB66F-B9D0-4157-9589-E4B7D76F0343.jpeg

33 minutes ago, western said:

making progress. 

I like progress 😂

i want it all working when I put it in the landy 

nothing more annoying then once it’s fitted but it won’t work that means the whole car is off the road 

so just a case of engine wires to sort, rear lights and speedo and were sorted😊

• Like 1

So horn turned up today that’s working, have main beam flasher but still have no dip beam or main beam when indicator stalk pushed forward to main beam on Is there any more of these on the td5 loom? See pic,  Earth 

update

now have n/s head light and dim beam woo hoo and head lights go thu ignition switch which is great news no more having to switch off head lights at the shops lol 

9446D5A0-C43B-49F5-86E1-4AA6470122B3.jpeg

Edited by roverv8

sorry was unable to edit update,

So horn turned up today that’s working, 

now have both head lights  lights go thu ignition switch which is great news no more having to switch off head lights at the shops lol 

right now have dim dip both sides,

dip beam both sides, main beam both sides,  head light flasher both sides, 

dodgy earth and duff bulb all good now 

Edited by roverv8
  • Like 1

well so far so good 

ive got rid of the bmw connector and upgraded the stereo plugs with a more modern type and the front speaker wire was well next to usless very thin, gone for the silver/gold clear cable got to be better then what was in there,

every thing works all except indicators 

22 hours ago, roverv8 said:

Do you need the alarm ecu on the td5 loom to make the interior light work on the door plungers?

it does work on its switch on the light it’s self 

I'd wager that if you don't want the 10AS installed, then you can just ground the wire the ECU would normally control by extending it as necessary to reach the door pin switches. 

Which pin that is I am not sure, but you can probably trace the wires back to the 10AS unit using the colours seen at the dome light.